• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I embed RoboHelp authored help into a Java Desktop Application?

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2020 Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a recommended way of embedding online help information generated with RoboHelp in a Java desktop application? I have tried OHJ (Oracle help v12.2.1.0.0) with limited success but the lack of documentation prevents me from overcoming difficulties with the OHJ interface, in particular the inability to have any control over docking navigator and topic panes and sizing of panes being the main obstacles. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2020 Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both JavaHelp and Oracle Help never worked very well and I think it is fair to say they have been abandoned. Most modern authoring tools no longer support them. They are covered on my site in a topic written long ago. Personally I would no longer go near them.

To the best of my knowledge webhelp is what gets used. In Classic versions of RoboHelp including the current one, webhelp is still known by that name. In the latest 2019 New UI, the frameless and responsive skins both have a switch to turn off responsiveness so that they are effectively webhelp as in Classic versions.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Peter, I will take a long look at the documentation you provide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp