• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to find topics NOT included in a browse sequence?

Participant ,
Feb 23, 2009 Feb 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It used to be the browse sequence editor showed (on the left side) only topics that were not already included in a browse sequence. (That makes sense, since you can only include topics in one browse sequence.)
Now it shows all topics. How can I figure out which of our thousand topics are not included, without going through them one by one and looking at the properties?
It must be something obvious, since I can't see that anyone else has asked this question.... but I don't see how.
Thanks.
Eileen

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"It used to be the browse sequence editor showed (on the left side) only topics that were not already included in a browse sequence." Can you specify a version?

It's a fair point and you might want to enter it as a bug or a feature request depending on your point of view. Maybe ask that a topic can be in two browse sequences?

Meantime the only thing to suggest is open the BRS file in Notepad and you can see which topics are included.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning Eileen

From what you have posted it would seem you actually want all topics in a browse sequence, no?

The only way I can fathom desiring that situation would be if you constructed the Browse Sequence to follow the TOC.

Assuming that's the case, perhaps you should consider simply creating a sequence that matches your TOC? To do this, just open the Browse Sequence editor and click the Auto-create using TOC button. Type 0 for the Book level and let it rip.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter: Sorry, I don't know what version it was. Maybe it was even RH for Word. I'll try to get around to entering a feature request.

Rick: Actually I don't want all the topics in a BS. I just want to see which ones are not in one. I already know about the auto-create option and have used it before. But that's not what I want this time.

Thanks.
Eileen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eileen

Yes it does work the way you want in RH for Word. I suggest you mention that in your feature request. It is a simple process, a minute only to submit it.

Meantime sorry but opening the BRS file and working with that is the only option I can think of.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Eileen,
As told by Peter and Rick, this feature is not part of Robohelp 7. But the new version RoboHelp8, supports the scripting functionality which allows user to write custom script to carry out user specific work or feature.
I have created a custom script which does the same work. The Script will scan through the project topic list and browse sequence list and displays the topics which are not used in the browse sequence.
I have uploaded the sample script file, just download the script file and add to the scripting pod provided in RH8. Open the project you want to see the unused Topics and run the script file, this Script will show all the unused topics in the output pane in RH8.
You can achieve many more things with scripting support in RH8. You can download the RH8 trial version from adobe site.

Script File

-Praful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp