• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HTML Import

Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2018 Apr 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I import a topic from another project, what files will end up being imported. Is there a way to ensure that only the one file is imported (I have stripped all pictures out of the topic). I don't need the CSS file. It appears to be importing more than one document, but I cannot see what else is being imported.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe when you import you will get the topic, any attached CSS, and any images that are referenced by the topic.

The CSS is likely unavoidable. But it's an easy fix.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great. Thanks. I appreciate it. I have one more question. If an image is saved to a project folder using windows explorer and then added to a topic, will robohelp always make a copy of the image to the top level folder (causing me to have two copies of the image in my project folders)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That shouldn't happen. Basically, what happens is that RoboHelp just adds the reference to the image. This makes sense since the folder where the topic is should be part of the RoboHelp project.

I tested my theory by opening a topic that is in a folder of a project on my drive. I then just added an image to the folder and used the Browse icon to locate and insert the image. Once it was in the topic, there was no HTML shorthand (../) preceding the image. That means RoboHelp just referenced the image properly.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response. I tested what you told me and I found something odd. I didn't have the problem when I tested this on a project saved to my local c: drive, but I tested this on a project saved to our server and I found that Robohelp copied the image file to the top level folder as I previously described.

We have a shared project on a shared drive which we must access on the server and this seems to be happening when we import pictures to that project.

Any ideas why this would happen or how to prevent it. 

Thank you for your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. All I can do is report what happens on my own setup. I've used RoboHelp for more than 20 years. Started off using it when I was a corporate drone and I had a local area network that I used. But in all that time, I've only ever had my projects on my local C drive. I would generate output and copy that output to a server for others to then have access to.

I am aware that in recent years Adobe has made changes so RoboHelp better handles working with projects on a network. But even still, there can be issues.

It seems odd to me that it would insist on placing a copy of an image at the root. Without seeing the project first hand it's difficult to say why it may be operating as you are reporting.

I suppose that even if it does insist on copying the image to the project root, you are always free to use the Project Manager pod and drag the image to the folder where you actually want it.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. I appreciate your help. It is an odd problem. It caused quite a bit of confusion for us, but we will have to deal with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp