• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is Search broken in RH2020 for Frameless?

Contributor ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RH 2020.8.34 Frameless output, and when I use Search, no results are displayed. It shows terms that match my search term, but when I hit Enter, nothing happens. 

Any ideas?

TIA!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE

For the fun of it, I enabled Layout > Use skin home page in a "test" frameless output preset, and search works from that. That led me to wonder if I could have messed up the functionality of search with skin edits, so I went back to an older skin, disabled Use skin home page, and regenerated. It seems my skin customizations may have broken Search... 😛 I'll troubleshoot and repost here if I can't fix it, but I'm thinking it's "user configuration error."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2024 Jan 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There! I'm wondering if you had any luck zeroing in on the issue with this. I have an issue with search I'm trying to troubleshoot and this may be involved. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 09, 2024 Jan 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't found the reason my first set of customizations broke search, but when I started over with customizations, search is still working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops. I'm the original poster, KarenMinOR. IDK why it gave me a random handle. 😛

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2024 Jan 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@timf33396648 What's the issue you are having?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you @KarenMinOR and @Peter Grainge for your responses.

After some digging around the forum I found this topic about the search database files (Solved: Slow search times for RoboHelp 2020 using Frameles... - Adobe Community - 12719952) which I think relates to my problem.

The symptom *some* of my users experience is that search is non-responsive and crashes the tab. A user will search for something, and the response box displays the number of topics in the search result but never displays the actual results. The tab will time out, and the browser (in our case, Edge) presents a box with options to "Wait" or "Reload", but it's futile as neither option does anything.

After taking on board the conversation in the other thread (linked above), I've been investigating whether the file search_db.js is present for users who experience this issue. So far I've found the reference to that file is missing in the page code for users who cannot search. If this is the case, it seems more likely an issue with our organisation's browser settings than a problem with RoboHelp. But it's inconsistent across my users, so my "search" for a cause and solution is ongoing.

Cheers,

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp