• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to set the default window size for WebHelp?

Explorer ,
Apr 08, 2019 Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I have converted a RoboHelp Classic 2017 help system to RoboHelp Classic 2019, and then to RoboHelp 2019. The output format is WebHelp.
I am not able to find how to set the default browser window size that appears when a user opens the help.

Currently, the converted WebHelp is using the dimensions that were set in the prior RoboHelp Classic projects. How can I prevent this ? The window is very small and the skin banner overlaps the help content... It also overlaps the Help title. In addition, a manual resize of the browser window does not stick. Quite frustrating for a user!  Surely there must be a setting somewhere that I can set or override (as it appears to be using the prior dimensions).  

Thank you for any light you can shed on this dilemma.

Cheers

Jane

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How exactly are you opening the help?

I ask, because you mention WebHelp. And with WebHelp, things open generically in the browser.

I'm not sure how things work in this wacky new world of 2019 and with all the changes it brings, but unless it adds some new dimension to the way things work, the only way I'm aware of to control the window size or placement was if you were making a Context Sensitive Help (CSH) call and using the WebHelp API. I'm not sure if that's even possible in the new 2019.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the product, a Help menu provides an Online Help option to open the help. And, in many product windows, a Help button opens window-level Help.  In both cases, the IE browser opens in what appears to be the size that we used in the prior Classic output. And readjusting the browser does not stick if you close and then reopen the Help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2019 Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not able to find how to set the default browser window size that appears when a user opens the help.

As Rick has pointed out, that is controlled by the call to the help, in other words it is an issue for the developers and not something within RoboHelp.

I'm not clear on what the problem is in your second post in this thread. I am reading that when the user opens the help it is the same size as it was in Classic. Isn't that what you want? You are then saying if the user adjusts the browser, it does not stick if they reopen the help. Please expand a bit on what you mean by that. They don't get their preferred size? I wouldn't expect that.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Peter, thank you for the prompt response. I'll try to be more specific.  The classic size is too small now for the WebHelp Help window which in this release is using a modified Azure Blue skin. The large Search field in the banner obscures the product name. I can send you screen shots if that will help.

The browser appears to be using the size that was specified in the former Classic project. We wish to make it larger and are hoping there is a way to set a default window size for this WebHelp preset and skin when the user initially launches the help. The small size returns each time the browser help window is closed and re-opened.   Cheers, Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not in the preset but down to the developer's call. Sorry but I can't help you with that.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I understand. Thank you for taking the time to help. Much appreciated, Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp