• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a web output that does not use frames?

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there an output in RoboHelp 2017 or 2019 that does not use frames. We need to get rid of frames for SEO reasons.

Terry

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Currently the answer is there is no version that does not use frames. However, Adobe is working on it and the tentative timeline is early next year, with no guarantees. This will only be for the 2019 version.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you looked at the Responsive HTML5 output?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently using Responsive HTML5 (from RH 2017) and it uses frames. I've tried different layout templates and they all use frames (iframes).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, feels like I'm living many years ago when the web was new. I know that back then, frames were frowned upon because the search engine crawlers had issues crawling the pages inside. But that eventually was overcome.

So I'm surprised to hear that an issue exists with some inability of crawlers to find and index the content. Not to mention the other little fact we so very often see where folks DO NOT WANT their help content to be found by anyone. EVER! And they are asking for ways to prevent that from happening.

Take a read of this article:

https://www.visibilitymagazine.com/how-do-iframes-affect-your-seo/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently the answer is there is no version that does not use frames. However, Adobe is working on it and the tentative timeline is early next year, with no guarantees. This will only be for the 2019 version.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the prompt reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp