I just upgraded to robohelp 2020 and having major problems with the product not displaying my help correctly. The upgrade went smoothly, and when I first display the output the TOC displays. However, the index and search does not work. When I go back to the TOC after going to the index, now the TOC no longer displays. Any ideas? Could this be an IE problem? IE is the default browser here so it has to work for IE.
thanks to all that respond
Let's establish whether it is a project problem or an environment problem.
Generate the supplied About RoboHelp sample project. Does that work OK?
I can generate without errors. It is when I view that there's a problem.
sorry i missed you note about hitting the blue reply button
Using About RoboHelp, it gives the same issues in IE as your project correct?
I understand you need IE but try both projects in another browser such as Edge and/or Firefox.
Which output are you generating?
This is definitely an IE problem. I was able to use my chrome browser and the help is working fine. I had this same problem initially with RH 2019 until I got an update from Adobe. So it looks like I and my coworker needs this again.
I'm not saying it isn't an IE problem, simply wanting to prove it in this instance.
Please answer my questions as I need that information to confirm what I think might be the problem.
Any other questions?
Frameless or responsive?
I just generated About RoboHelp using the Azure Blue skin and it's working fine in IE.
Ok my post didn't seem to go through so I will try again. I have the same version number. I don't remember the name of the skin I used because it has been quite some time since I picked the skin. However, I included a picture. I will post the text and then the picture
I see your image but which skin is it and is you version of IE the same?
Just a note. When the help first displays, the TOC does have information. However, if you go to the index and back to the TOC then there is no information in the TOC. So the picture was taken after I went to the index and back to the TOC.
I had trouble when I first included the image in my post and the post didn't go through. so i first sent the text and then the picture. But to answer your question, I have the exact same version of IE as you. I sent the picture because I don't remember the name of the skin because I changed the name to the product name.
Look in your preset to find out which skin.
Try selecting Azure Blue to see if that works for you. If you are already using Azure Blue, add a fresh copy with a slightly different name.
Try Azure Blue.
I added Azure_blue and the same thing happens. I generate and when it displays the TOC displays. However, go to the index and nothing. Go back to the TOC and now the TOC doesn't display. Same problem
If I load the same help file in Chrome with azure_blue skin. no problems at all going back and forth with the tabs.
Are you generating to the same drive as your project. This is looking like an environment problem as About RoboHelp works for me using Azure Blue and IE.
Are you opening the help direct or through some software?
Are you able to share the project? See the Contact page on my site if you can share.
Hold up. I missed an important part of the issue you are reporting. Yes the index is failing and yes the TOC then fails. My apologies for missing that.
I will take that up with Adobe but there won't be an answer today.
okay. I did send an email to Adobe Tech Support already because I assumed it would come to this. I did go around and around with this same problem when I installed Adobe 2019 until everyone realized it really was an IE problem and Adobe sent me a fix. I hope this doesn't cause any problems. But I truly thank you for all your time and effort. Any help on your end to get the fix quicker would be greatly apprepriated. If someone needs to contact me, send me a post here. or techsupport can respond to my email. thanks again
I am not sure if I can help here, but I had several issues with IE here and there with Robohelp responsive help outputs. You could try the following and see if it helps:
Create a test project with only a few files for testing. Add the following line in your .htm-files of the output:
<!-- saved from url=(0016)http://localhost
after the first line. You'll have to enter this for all .htm-files of your output, so if this works for you, create a script that does this job for you (or ask a dev).
Then try again if index and search will work then.
You could also try this line:
<!-- saved from url=(0014)about:internet -->
See this topic for further reference:
I just gave that a try with no success but I do know that this is being looked into.