Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Master page footer appears before content in Printed output

Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2024 Mar 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm using RoboHelp 2023 and I'm having an issue where the Save to PDF print feature or using a Printed Documentation output results in the master page footer appearing on it's own page before the topic contents. It also does not respect my year variable (yyyy) in the footer. I've been up and down the settings but can't seem to find anything. I know I can manually rearrange the pages, but that can be a pain. Any ideas? Thanks all.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp 2023 does not exist. 2022.3 perhaps?

Are you generating for A4 or Letter size? The default is A4 so if you need Letter size, that can be changed in the template for PDF preset. Save as PDF is A4 and cannot be changed but there is a workround on my site in RoboHelp Gems.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Peter, yes - RoboHelp 2022.3.93

My apologies, I don't think I'm understanding correctly. I'm not having a problem with the size of the page (I just need to output to a standard size PDF). For some reason, the footer content appears on the top of the PDF (page 1) with nothing under it. Page 2 contains the topic content (with no footer under it). In my mind It should be reversed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Letter size is shorter so the footer would get pushed to the next page. 

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I understand. Where do I change that size setting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Printed Documentation output > Layout, there is no Page size option:

Nicholas31687743qnw3_0-1711047283636.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also don't see one in the Printed Documentation Template

Nicholas31687743qnw3_0-1711047545844.pngNicholas31687743qnw3_1-1711047556720.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not the preset. Look in the template you are using. You can find information about PDF templates in the RoboHelp Tour on my site. 

I'm not sure this is the issue, it just seems like a probability. Are you in the USA as I think there is nowhere else using it? If you are in an A4 country, the problem is something else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your requirement for Letter size? Otherwise we are wasting time.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Double click the Page Layout(s) used in your template, then right click and select Page Properties. Apply what you want in the dropdown.

image.png

As I have said, no need if you want A4 as that is the default. Your problem is then something else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for your patience, Peter. I am in the USA. I tried the Letter size, but same result. Here is a screenshot of what the bottom of my page layout looks like. It seems to continue past the dotted line. Maybe that's why it gets pushed to the top of the page? 

Nicholas31687743qnw3_0-1711055858361.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2024 Mar 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It looks as if you have the footer in the correct place. This is the default full page layout.

image.png

See if Item 67 at RoboHelp Gems (grainge.org) helps you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp