• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nested Bulleted Lists RoboHelp 2019

Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't seem to figure out how to create a nested bulleted list in RoboHelp 2019. I have a style Disc, which formats a simple bulleted list nicely.

I made a copy of that style, which I labeled "ul.subbullet," thinking that I could simply edit it to get an indented second-level list. In the Properties panel, I have set Level = Level 2. When I try to set Style = circle," it keeps popping back to the disc setting!  I set the list-indent value higher so the second-level list will indent.

Every time I apply this style to my second-level text, it changes the style in the main list too. So, then the entire list is formatted to the ul.subbullet style. If I go back up to the first bullet in the main style and apply Disc, the entire list changes to the Disc style. I am expecting that if I select the first bullet, apply Disc, i should get Disc style. If  I apply ul.subbullet to the next two paragraphs, they should display in the ul.subbullet style. But this is not working.

What am I doing wrong? What is an example of working code for an indented bulleted list? 

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2019 Nov 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at using a multilevel list.

www.grainge.org

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At least if you are using the new version of RH 2019, you do not need to create several styles for different list levels. You have one list style, e.g. ul and then, in the css editor, you can select for which list level you want to make settings and if you want to make the settings for the bullets or the text. After having defined your list style, you can just click "tab" in your document to move one level deeper in the list. 

I made two screenshots of the settings:

Select list levelSelect list levelBullets or Text?Bullets or Text?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My understanding from Adobe is that it is better to do this using one of the predefined multilevel lists on the toolbar.

I checked this again with Adobe and the only reason now that there are two toolbar icons is to quickly find preset lists. The editing for both is the same.

That said, maybe one of the preset multilevel lists will give what is wanted?

www.grainge.org

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp