• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New topics/folders not appearing in Contents tab but is available under the File explorer

Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2019 Dec 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Of lately, I have noticed that when I create a new topic or subfolder in RoboHelp 2019, it does not show up under the Contents tab. However, I do see the topic/subfolder in File Explorer. As a workaround, I have to close and reopen RoboHelp to see the new topics created (attaching screenshots of topic in File explorer and missing in RoboHelp). This is becoming a hazzle. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2019 Dec 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same questions to both of you.

1. Are you using 2019 New UI or Classic?
  2. Does the folder not appear at all or is it next time you open RoboHelp?
  3. Do you have all updates applied? You should be on Update 10.

www.grainge.org

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Peter - I'm using 2019 New UI. When I create a new folder or topic, it does not appear at all. It appears only when I close and reopen the project.

And yes, I'm on Update 10 as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: When I create a topic or folder as a Master Page, the folder and topics are appearing under the Contents tab. Is it required to create new topics and folders as a Master page? Wondering if I was doing it wrong all this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for providing details on this. However I didn't get the UPDATE part of your response. Can you please explain "Creating a folder as a Master Page" steps that you are trying? It would be helpful if you can provide a sample project where this is reproducible along with steps.

Just to reiterate, to create a new topic/folder, you need to click on "+" icon in Contents Panel or right-click in the panel.

Regards,
Vikas Singla

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2020 Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vikas,

I thought creating a topic as a Master page is what helped resolve the issue, but I'm noticing that's not the case. Something else seems to have fixed the issue.

Anyways, it seems to be working fine now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 10, 2020 Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Whenever you come across an Application error. Make sure you save your work and restart RH. After application errors it can start behaving inconsistently. You can quickly restart from Help menu or using Ctrl + Alt + R.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp