Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Numbered list not displaying correctly on linked page

Jun 07, 2016 Jun 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a page where I placed numbered items (1. instructions...., 2.  instructions..., etc.). When I preview the page in RoboHelp 2015 the numbered list appears with numbers and everything looks good. When I view the RoboHelp output file, the page with the numbered items looks fine. I inserted a hyperlink to this page (page A), from another page (page B). When I click the link to the page A from page B, all the numbers for the list don't show on page A.

The numbered list was created using multi-level number list icon. All lists uses a style.

This problem doesn't appear on every page that was done using the same structure and formatting. Any suggestions on how I might fix the listed number problem for the linked page?

Margaret Johnson

Message was edited by: Rick Stone - Deleted email address

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 08, 2016 Jun 08, 2016

Hi there

Hmmm, this would seem to suggest that when the linked page is presented, it's somehow lost the link to the CSS for that page.

So it happens when linking from another page, what happens if you link it from the TOC? Same behavior?

I recall in the past seeing odd behavior with things like this in my own projects. And in my case, I think I had too many nested folders. This shouldn't be necessary, but what resolved it for me was to copy the CSS to the same folder and ensure there were no "short

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 08, 2016 Jun 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hmmm, this would seem to suggest that when the linked page is presented, it's somehow lost the link to the CSS for that page.

So it happens when linking from another page, what happens if you link it from the TOC? Same behavior?

I recall in the past seeing odd behavior with things like this in my own projects. And in my case, I think I had too many nested folders. This shouldn't be necessary, but what resolved it for me was to copy the CSS to the same folder and ensure there were no "shorthand" characters leading to the CSS. ( ../ ) is the shorthand.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 14, 2016 Jun 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the suggestion. I fixed the majority of the problems with just removing the link to the page and re-inserting it. I did also verify that the correct css file was attached to the pages. Everything seems to be working now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp