• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Paragraphs and Restart Numbering Not Working After 2022.4.179 Upgrade

Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2024 Jun 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded to the RH 2022.4.179 version last month and just noticed that it is ignoring all the paragraphs incorporated throughout my topics. I also noticed the 'Restart Numbering From' feature has stopped working. When I go into the source code I see it is adding this -  <li value="3"></li> but when I go into older topics where I've used this functionality in the past, I see this -  <li style="counter-set: item1 2;"></li>.

Is anyone else experiencing this madness? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 14, 2024 Jun 14, 2024

Restart Numbering

Are you using true lists or an autonumbered style?

There is a known issue with the latter. See https://community.adobe.com/t5/robohelp-discussions/is-auto-numbering-broken-again/td-p/14662748

For ordinary lists accessed from the top toolbar, there is no known issue. It is working fine on my machine.

Ignoring Paragraphs

Do you mean paragraphs with no content are being ignored in the output or all your paragraphs are being merged into one?

Empty paragraphs are a known issue. Se

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2024 Jun 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Restart Numbering

Are you using true lists or an autonumbered style?

There is a known issue with the latter. See https://community.adobe.com/t5/robohelp-discussions/is-auto-numbering-broken-again/td-p/14662748

For ordinary lists accessed from the top toolbar, there is no known issue. It is working fine on my machine.

Ignoring Paragraphs

Do you mean paragraphs with no content are being ignored in the output or all your paragraphs are being merged into one?

Empty paragraphs are a known issue. See Item 32 at RoboHelp Gems (grainge.org). Ignore the bit about dropdowns as that has since been found to be a separate issue.

If not, please clarify what you do mean.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding Peter. You are correct in understanding the paragraphs problem. Thanks for the info highlighting this is a known issue (I was prepared to have my entire team rollback the update). I'll work on updating our CSS file with the workaround proposed. For the restart numbering issue, I'm using the Numbered List Style at the top of the authoring panel. Notice that even though I've set the field to restart at '3', it is ignored. I've gotten around it by editing the source code each time it occurs but it's a pain. Any thoughts on a more holistic woraround?

SFlakes01_1-1718369715887.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we see the screenshot of the Style definition? I'm still not 100% sure you're using a true list vs. autonumbered one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In another thread someone found Adobe indicate they are meant for headings. I'm also aware they don't meet accessibility standards.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SFlakes01_0-1718372788882.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is a true list but no one else has reported this issue for lists, only autonumbering.

Set up a new project with the default CSS and test it in a topic there. It looks like something in your CSS is not playing nicely. You could do this in your existing project if you link only default.css but I prefer to test away from real projects.

Does it work there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp