• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem in reducing number of files (.js) in compiled webhelp folder

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already have two versions of webhelp published: version 1 and version 2. In version 3, there are perhaps only 10- 15 new topics that I have added.

My web hosting site has restricted the number of files and folders that I can upload. By publishing the entire project with each release, I have used up a lot of my file space (inode). I cannot delete the earlier OLH versions because my customers who have not upgraded still refer to it.

I tried using URL’s of the existing, unchanged .htm files from version 2 to reduce the .htm files. (right click TOC page> Properties> General tab> Link to> Web address> copied URL> OK.)

As indexing and search keywords were not taken into account from those URLs, I added keywords manually to the URL’s and external search content. This has increased the files in the …\!SSL!\WebHelp\whxdata folder.

So, I am back to square 1.  Any suggestions to solve this?

I am using Robohelp 2017

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1] The obvious one is to pay for more space.

2] Tell the customers who will not upgrade that online help is going to be withdrawn. Offer a download they can install locally.

3] Include the help for all versions in a single topic. That could start with the current version and have the older version content in dropdowns. The problem will be with searches and so on.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your inputs Peter!

1] The obvious one is to pay for more space.

with my current plan :

So upgrading wont make sense since i am not using the disk space.

2] I already suggested this. But the company is not agreeing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp