Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Project Stuck on Patching Topic

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I'm a fairly new user of Robohelp 2019 and have recently been working with 2019 Classic.  My company want to move to Reimagined but I can't generate the project following migration.

During the generation process it gets stuck on patching topic without any further information.

All pages are generated in the output location but the assets folder, with images and CSS are not present.  I've tried leaving it for a couple of hours but no change.  I'm using the Responsive HTML output and saving in a local folder for testing.

I'm running RH 2019 with Update 11.

Has anyone seen this before?  If you require any further information, please let me know.

KR

TOPICS
New UI , Output presets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on a recent similar issue, create a new preset, not a duplicate, and try again.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding.

I've created a new preset and unforuntately, I get the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you generating to somewhere where the folder and your sub-folders could have very long paths?

Does the RoboHelp Reimagined sample project generate OK?

BTW. Reimagined is the name of a sample project that ships with 2019. The product is really 2019 New UI.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had that same thought about the path length and its currently set to C:\Temp.

I can output the Reimagined project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK so at least we know it is project related rather than the installation.

Assuming all your topics use the came CSS, go to Reports > Topic List and select all. Apply the supplied default.css by right clicking and selecting Properties.

If that changes things, then it could be something in your CSS but let's worry about that when we know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW, I had a similar problem with my own project today. The "Patching topic" was stuck on a topic called "login" with no extension like is usually has, and I have no topic called login in my project. The CSS file wasn't the problem, and I tried another output that worked fine. So I started changing things in my broken output and trying again until I found the issue. The problem was a line in my browse sequence file, which is strange, because that browse sequence hasn't changed since july, and it's been working fine until friday. For some reason there was an entry in my browse sequence that was outside of the project (a link to the login page for our support ticket entry system), and it had the word login in it, so I deleted it, and now it works fine. Strange, odd, and definitely difficult to find the problem! I thought I'd add to the response so folks know that it could be something unexpected and that hasn't necessarily changed recently. This thread definitely set me in the right direction, though, so thanks for that! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops. I missed the vital step after changing the CSS, generate again. I have seen CSS issues stop a project generating so there is a reason for suggesting that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter, apologies for not getting back to you yesterday.  

I've managed to fix 3 of the 4 projects I work on.

I migrated the project again and used your suggestion of creating a new preset.  Thank you.

I'm still working on the 4th project and believe the issue is CSS related as only some styles are being applied.  I'll post a new topic if I don't get anywhere.

Thanks again for your support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No apology needed. It's not urgent for me, I'm not the one with the problem. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this resolved now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also had the same issue, patching topic remains there. I tried all workarounds suggested here, the long paths worked for me. I moved all my topics folders one level up, and that worked and output was genereated successfully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp