• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Protect inserted video from being downloaded

Explorer ,
Dec 22, 2019 Dec 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RoboHelp Classic 2019 to create Responsive HTML5 help. I've inserted a video (MP4). Is it possible to embed it into the help in a way that users will not be able to right-click and save it or download it?

TOPICS
Classic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 22, 2019 Dec 22, 2019

Hi there

Seriously, the only surefire way to prevent this from happening is to never present the video via the web. If folks are determined, they WILL get the video. If not by downloading directly, they can use screen recording software to capture the video and audio as it plays.

Any other steps that may be taken such as disabling right-click or whatever are just very mild roadblocks that are easily bypassed.

I'll be very surprised if anyone else pops in to offer a foolproof solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 22, 2019 Dec 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Seriously, the only surefire way to prevent this from happening is to never present the video via the web. If folks are determined, they WILL get the video. If not by downloading directly, they can use screen recording software to capture the video and audio as it plays.

Any other steps that may be taken such as disabling right-click or whatever are just very mild roadblocks that are easily bypassed.

I'll be very surprised if anyone else pops in to offer a foolproof solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Captiv8r, you are correct. RoboHelp support got back to me that RoboHelp doesn't provide this functionality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp