• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publish to server - Robohelp 2017 Version 13.0.0.257 - The password was not allowed

Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2024 May 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Robohelp community. I'm sorry if this is a duplicate question, but I didn't see anything that was exactly like my scenario. I am trying to publish our robohelp "webhelp" project to our server and I keep getting the message "Warning: Failed to publish to "generic name web server". reason: The password was not allowed. Our technicians have assured me that the Host Name, Port, Password and UserID we are using is correct. We are using FTP Protocols. I am stumped. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance. 🙂

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps SFTP is needed but that was not an option in the version you are using. Whatever, the problem, these issues are rarely if ever a RoboHelp issue.

I think IT will need to look into a bit more or you will need to get the output to the server in a different way.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you manually FTP the output to the webserver using the same credentials, does it hassle you? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Jeff_Coatsworth Good point. I should have suggested that. FileZilla is a free tool that can do that or @dash1138 can get IT to provide something similar.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp