• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publishing to Sharepoint Online - Robohelp 2022

Participant ,
May 13, 2024 May 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I publish to Sharepoint Online if I'm using a Frameless preset?  I read that this works best using Responsive HTML but didn't knowif that meant it won't work with Frameless.  I would think this would be easy enough to test, but I'm not having a huge deal of luck with the creation of the publish profile and the  connection profile.  When I am setting up the Publish Profile it wants a remote path and I don't what that is looking for.  I had our Sharepoint administrator take a look and he diodn't know and said I needed to contact Adobe Support (insert eye roll here).  I have our URL for Sharepoint Online which is:  https://sokansas.sharepoint.com/sites/KEESUserGuide.

I put this in the remote path in the Publish profile and in the Sharepoint Site URL field  in the Connection profile.   That path is literally the only thing I have.  I'm not sure what goes in the Remote Path line/ Any help would be amazing.  Suggestions? 

Below is a screenshot for my Publish Profile and the error message that pops up after hitting the publishing icon in the Output tab.  it doesn't happen immediately as it does do somehting for a minute or 2 before popping up the error message (also below).  Lastly, I don'teven know what SHOULd be happening?  What and how will users be ab le to access this? Will there be a link provided that takes them to our published content? (i.e. once it's published how do we access it?)

JenniR_12_0-1715634564121.png

JenniR_12_1-1715634564123.png

JenniR_12_2-1715634564131.png

Jennifer Rogers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2024 May 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have Update 4 applied? Please include the update version as in 2022.4 rather than just 2022. A lot of Sharepoint issues were fixed in Update 4. The screenshot you show differs from what I am seeing in Update 4.

image.png

Beyond that unless a Sharepoint user comes along with some guidance, you will have to go to Support.

See https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#robohelp for your Adobe Support options. The email link tcssup@adobe.com is recommended as it reaches a team dedicated to Technical Communication Suite products including RoboHelp.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 15, 2024 May 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter.  We don't have update 4 installed as of yet.  I'll see what I can do on getting that done.  Also, I emailed support on Friday of last week and just heard back from someone today.  They may have answered my question.  I haven'y tried what they suggested quite yet.  Thanks for the info on Update 4 being out.  

Jennifer Rogers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2024 May 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think the remote url is the folder within your sharepoint site where you want to publish the help.

The help says "specify in the format /root folder/folder 1/folder 2 for folders and subfolders. Note:

If the specified folder does not exist, RoboHelp publishes to the default directory on the server."

Perhaps if you specify the document library you've set up. So if you set up a library called "MyHelp", try entering  /MyHelp

Regarding the URL your users need to use, I think that is probably your site URL or the URL to your document library. I'm sure you Sharepoint administrator can find that URL for you or configure it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp