• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resizing the left pane stopped working

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2024 Jun 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems the latest browser updates (Chrome, Edge, Firefox, and Opera, at least) has messed up the ability to resize the left pane (TOC, Index, Glossary, Search) in HTML5 output for all versions of RH.

It was working as of a week or 2 ago, and the resizing was working in Opera this morning until I forced an update from v110 to v111.

It's pretty big problem because it doesn't completely stop the resizing, it causes the pane to only get smaller without being able to make the pane bigger unless you hide and unhide it.

Anyone know of a solution?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2024 Jun 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been a problem in Firefox for a couple of years with no fix. 

There's a bug report outstanding and I'll try to find it in the morning. I'll add that it is now affecting other browsers.

Adobe's focus is now on Frameless so I would not be holding out much hope for a fix. 

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2024 Jun 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not the same problem that has been in Firefox so I will take it up with Adobe. I will post back when I get a response.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The original issue was a bit different. There you could not widen the TOC but you could narrow it and then restore it. Now you cannot.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Peter.

I hope they come up with a fix for HTML5 output, because as far as I can see, Frameless output doesn't even allow the resizing of that pane. With some TOC titles being long, being able to expand the window is an important useability feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frameless very definitely does allow resizing. It is very much more customisable and where Adobe are focusing development. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2024 Jun 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Peter Grainge Maybe I'm missing something, but I can't drag the edge of the toc panel in the output to resize it when I'm viewing the output? I admit I haven't played with some of the newer skins in RH2022 yet so perhaps it's available in one of those?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2024 Jun 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Certainly could in the HTML5 output I tested. Only to narrow it though. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 05, 2024 Jul 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh. don't mind me. I opened a Frameless not a HTML5. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2024 Jun 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a solution but there is a workaround until the issue is fixed. Click the expand/collapse button twice to restore the TOC to the default size.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp