• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Responsive HTML 5 - Output generation failed.

Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2019 Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying out RoboHelp 2019.  I have a large project to complete.  All of the sudden I am getting "Output generation failed.".  I have deleted the last few pages and I am still getting it.  Is the any way to find out what is causing this?  Error log? A way to fix?

Thanks,

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 14, 2019 Feb 14, 2019

I figured out the issue.  I had deployed the info to my site for testing on the web.  It was still open in the ftp app thus preventing the regeneration of the project.

thank you for your help.

Ed

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have Update 5 applied?

If this project was upgraded, was Update 5 applied at the time?

Try with using an index disabled. I realise that is not a solution but it might point to something.

Are you generating to a folder outside the project? That is now a requirement.

Try those first.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded a trial version a couple days ago.  The project is created from scratch.

When I go to Help | Updates is says "Your app is already up to date."

Disabling the Index did not help.

I had it generated and was working early yesterday.  I add 3 topics, I looked at code on those topic and there were no errors.  I have actually deleted them from the project and that still did not help.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

btw, the version is 14.0.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try one of the sample projects. Does that work OK?

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you have tried that, post back and also state which output you are trying to create.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no problems rendering a sample project.

My project rendered until late yesterday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the project with me. I can take a look tomorrow. See the Contact page on my site and send the project as instructed there. Do make sure you include a link to this thread and please do not email the project direct.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured out the issue.  I had deployed the info to my site for testing on the web.  It was still open in the ftp app thus preventing the regeneration of the project.

thank you for your help.

Ed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2019 Feb 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Saves me a job.

I have a similar issue when I zip a RoboHelp project and forget it is still open.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp