• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 2015 not saving Conditional Build Expressions in Multiscreen HTML5 Settings

Participant ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In RH 2015, when I set a Conditional Build Expression for the screen profiles (in my case, phone, tablet, and desktop) on the Multiscreen HTML5 Settings window, I can generate the projects with those settings one time if I click "Save and Generate".  If I return to the Multiscreen HTML5 Settings window, all the Conditional Build Expressions are reset to "(None)".  If I click "Save" and then re-access the screen, the Conditional Build Expressions are reset to "(None)".  Is anyone else seeing an issue where these settings are not being saved?  Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you all up to date? You don't mention your RH2015 point version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RH 2015 Version 12.0.4.460.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recall there was an issue with RoboHelp 2015 where on upgrading the build expression got reset to None. However, after setting a build expression and saving it, then it stuck.

I think you will have to contact Adobe Support on this one to see if anyone else had this issue and if they have a fix. I don't recall seeing anyone else reporting this though.

Have you tried deleting the CPD file and reopening the project?

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, thanks for the info.

I tried deleting the CPD file, resetting the Conditional Build Expressions, clicking the Save and Generate button, and then closing the project. The Conditional Build Expressions were reset to "None" when I reopened the project.  I repeated the process, but clicked the Save button.  The Conditional Build Expressions were again reset to "None" when I reopened the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To narrow it down, if you try it with the Responsive layout or WebHelp, does it behave the same as the Multiscreen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use the Responsive layout, but I am generating a WebHelp output for this same project.  The WebHelp output retains the Conditional Build Expression.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just as a test - it will give the Support people more to go on if you narrow it down to just an issue in Multiscreen (although frankly, don't expect much of anything to get fixed in that flavour if it is the culprit - all the energy is going into Responsive).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH saves the Conditional Build Expression when I use the responsive layout.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That make me wonder if in fixing the issue, somehow the multiscreen layout got missed. The only thing I can suggest to test that is to set up another layout, not a copy.

If that doesn't work, then again it's a Support issue.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp