Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 2020 on Mac - 'Java not found' when generating PDFs

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I know this problem has been solved before on Windows machines. It shouldn't be any different on my Mac, but I cannot figure it out. I installed the macOSx64 JRE installer from :

https://www.oracle.com/in/java/technologies/javase-jre8-downloads.html .

va0671_0-1616524171276.png

I also receive a Java Not Found error when trying to generate a PDF from the sample Compass Travel project.

If no path is required by Robohelp, then as long as I have the correct version of JRE it should run. Right?

Thanks,

Gina

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Big Sur? All updates applied? This has been covered in a thread. Also see PDF Output in the RoboHelp Tour on my site.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have all OS updates installed. My mac isn't recognizing my set variables. I'm still trying to figure it out. Meanwhile, I cannot generate pdfs at all. I entered a ticket a week ago, but haven't heard back. This may be more of a Mac OS issue. I wonder if any other RoboHelp2020-Mac users have experienced the same setbacks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you applied Patch 4 now too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also did you look at the other items I pointed you to. I do think this one will help.

PDF Output (grainge.org)

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way i can generate PDFs after upgrading to Big Sur is to open robohelp from the terminal - this solution came from adobe support.  Mac changed how it handles java - lots of applications are having that issue, not just the rh.

1. Open Terminal
  2. Open your smart finder
  3. Go into the Robohelp Folder applications (you should see Robohelp 2020, readme, unstall robohelp)
  4. Drag and drop the RoboHelp 2020 icon into your terminal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

typing too fast

step 3 - go into your applications folder, then in the robohelp folder.  there you will see the rh2020, readmen, and uninstall options)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have applied Patch 4 and followed Peter's instructions on www.grainge.org. These didn't work.

Launching the application from terminal worked. It worked except I had to open the Package Contents and run it from there. See Part 2 of the following instructions:
https://www.wikihow.com/Open-Applications-Using-Terminal-on-Mac

Do you know how I can enter this as a ticket to be addressed with Adobe? I shouldn't have to run Terminal to use the software.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You bet - Tracker (https://tracker.adobe.com/)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp