• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 2022.1.188 : Automatic report generation

New Here ,
May 28, 2024 May 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, I would like to know if it is possible to generate reports (unused files, broken links, ...) and export them in tabular format. All this needs to be done via script (without opening the interface).
I'm using powershell to code an entire help build system (from Jira tickets to server updates) and I need these reports generated by RH.
Thanks for your help and have a nice day !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 28, 2024 May 28, 2024

I have never seen this question asked before, never mind seen a solution. I doubt there is a solution as generating those reports depends on the settings applied in the UI.

You could try Support but I would expect them to say something on the lines of "use the product as designed".

See https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#robohelp for your Adobe Support options. The email link tcssup@adobe.com is recommended as it reaches a team dedicated to Technical Communication S

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never seen this question asked before, never mind seen a solution. I doubt there is a solution as generating those reports depends on the settings applied in the UI.

You could try Support but I would expect them to say something on the lines of "use the product as designed".

See https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#robohelp for your Adobe Support options. The email link tcssup@adobe.com is recommended as it reaches a team dedicated to Technical Communication Suite products including RoboHelp.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You were right, Peter. After contacting support, I'm no further ahead. The software is not designed for this.
Thanks for your reply 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2024 Jun 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Out of curioisty, did they show you the Robohelp scripting reference? it's available in the Appendix in the online user guide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2024 Jun 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. No, they didn't. But the conversation was about generating reports to do post-processing (without using the interface) and using PowerShell. They told me about the possibility of using JavaScript, but that didn't really answer my question, because from what I understood, you have to open the interface to run these scripts.
Anyway, I solved my problem by making my own analysis scripts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2024 Jul 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah I don't know enough about it but thought it was worth mentioning for people with more scripting knowledge than me. I suppose I also thougt the command line interface might be able to run them, but again I don't know enough about it - perhaps it can only run generate commands.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp