Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH2019 Is Slow When Creating New Topics

Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running RH2019.0.14 on Windows 10

I have a large help project, and it gets larger everyday since I'm converting topics to the new version.

When I create a new topic and add index tags, the UI is very slow as I add tags. 

Has anyone else had this issue? How can I fix it?

I am running RH2019 new and classic at the same time to convert my topics. Also, I see several RH processes running in my task manager, yet I've only opened the two instances.

Thank you!

Cindy

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cynthia

Please clarify a point for me.

You say the downloaded CSV has 251 lines and is incomplete. I am concluding that if you view the report in RoboHelp you are scrolling down and seeing more entries than are in the CSV. Is that correct?

Another way of checking things might be to open the Index panel and count the number of index entries you can see when it opens. Then multiply that by the number of times you have to click at the bottom of the scroll bar area to get to the bottom. That will tell you the number of keywords, not subkeywords if you are using those.

The objective of all this is to get some idea of the index size.

image.png

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been talking to Amber behind the scenes. From Amber, try this instead.

Open the report, scroll down to the bottom, THEN download as a CSV to get a complete report.

Does that give you a number that looks OK and what is that number?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The index report says I have 917 entries. That number makes sense to me. I index an awful lot.

Also, I haven't recevied approval yet to share the project.

Cindy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have asked if that number should cause a problem but essentially unless you can get your company to share the project, there's nothing more anyone can do to help. What does your company do, convert water into wine? 🙂

With the project the first test is does it behave the same way in a different environment. Then people can see if the issue is something to do with your project or RoboHelp itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that whilst some index issues were fixed in 2019 there will be a further fix in an upcoming update of 2020. 

Are you on the subscription plan? If you are you can install 2020 when you see the next update is released.

Otherwise you will need to trial 2020 to see if it has solved your issues and that will work for 30 days. Assuming it does, you will then need to take out a subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cynthia - I had an idea that might appeal to the management who are reluctant to share the project.

Create a duplicate  of your project and get some help from one of your developers asking them to write a regular expression. They will understand.

The regular expression needs to find <body>, everything in between and </body> and you need a replace of <body> Replacement Text </body>

In the Find and Replace tool you enter what you are given and expand settings. Select Use Regular Expressions and Search in Source View.

That will give you a project where every topic just reads Replacement Text so no information.

The issue is to do with the Index and that will not be affected.

With that the first thing I can do is see if I get the same slowness. Then as soon as Update 1 to 2020 is released I can see if that fixes the issue. That way you will know for sure.

Up to you but if you can persuade your management to let me have that, then I emphasise you must only do this with a backup in place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a subscription so should have access to upgrade, but I am not able to find the upgrade page.

How do I get in touch with Adobe support? When I click the chat icon, it refers me back to the admin from my company. She referred me to Adobe support.

Thanks!

Cindy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should have been more clear.

When I go to https://account.adobe.com/products - and login - I keep getting asked for my serial number. I do not have a serial number because I have RoboHelp (and Frame) through the creative cloud.

So I need help from support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Creative Cloud is a suite of Adobe products that does not include the Technical Communication Suite or RoboHelp/FrameMaker alone. They are both cloud based but require separate subscriptions. You need to sort that out with your admins and it wouldn't surprise if they have to log in to get the TCS or RoboHelp upgrade.

Anyone can download the upgrade from this page but it needs to be installed with admin right and from the sound of it with your Enterprise level login.

https://www.adobe.com/support/robohelp/downloads.html

I really think you need to go back to your admin and explain this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp