• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH2020 CHM output. F1 in our app shows the right topic. But TOC is not opened in right place

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I want to unmerge a project and migrate to 2020 at once (now on RH 2019 Classic).

Output is CHM. Made a small project in RH2020 for this purpose. All going fine.

Context help is launched from our application by passing window ID, windows id is used in mapping file and topic is defined there.

Result: When I push on the F1 in our application, indeed the right topic is shown in windows help gui, but the TOC 'cursor' remains on the name of the default page (or first topic in the toc).

My question is 'how to show the place of the topic in the toc'?

First I did some searches here. Windows settings was default (no entry). I did make an entry and default the box autosynchronize TOC is ticked. It makes no difference with or without a windows setting defined

best regards

Olivier

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try running MJ's diagnostics to make sure everything is registered correctly:

http://kb.helpwaregroup.com/ms-html-help/mj-s-diagnostics

Otherwise I would recommend contacting support using the email address on this page:

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#robohelp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is now more than 2 weeks (15/03) I posted an email to tcssup@adobe.com.

Is someone actually reading this?

Someone from Adobe?

Feel a bit forgotten. Having the toc focus in the right chapter/topic  seams essential to me when clicking F1

I stopped all efforts to  migrate due to this problem. Waiting...

best regards

Olivier

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Support do not follow the forum. Send a chaser. 

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow up again with them & reference this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thx Peter.

they are humans. not perfect..

i'll send a reminder via email

regards

Olivier

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did Support get back to you?

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Peter,

The same day as the reminder. But as it can happen, I could not reproduce the problem. Toc was opened with the right focus

I'll have to check it again. But no time for the moment. Probably later this week...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp