Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 16 Installer doesnt react after browser login

Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2024 Feb 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just tried to install the current version of Robohelp. The installer comes up, starts the browser. After successful login into my Adobe account nothing happens in the installer.

The link on the bottom ("If your browser doesnt react, click here") does not work. Nothing happens when I click on it.

Fresh Win 11 install, company managed device with admin right. Latest RH16 download

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 20, 2024 Feb 20, 2024

Thanks for your reply. I guess it is a firewall issue:
I disconnected my Laptop from the internet, ran the RH 2022 installer and it worked for me.

Afterwards I reconnected again and Robohelp 2022 (not the installer) had no connection issues. I was able to activate RH there.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post (like this one has already been moved) if it helps you get responses.

<"moved from download and install">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you installing RH2022? And did you download the Update 3 installer? If you're not sure, go to the following page and click the "Windows" link in the Alert box to download it manually. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/robohelp/using/what-s-new-in-robohelp-2022-release-update-3.html

Try running the installer as admin, not just with your user -  right-click and Run as Administrator.

If that still doesn't work, check with your IT that the corporate firewall / antivirus isn't blocking sites needed by the installer. 

If that doesn't turn anything up then I think you need to contact support. See the following page for support contact options. The email address is recommended as it goes to a dedicated Robohelp team.https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#robohelp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2024 Feb 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the benefit of anyone not familiar with how Adobe number the RoboHelp versions, @JulianPollmann is talking about RoboHelp 2022. The downloads have always been numbered sequentially rather than following the marketing name for the version so 2022 is 16. However, it is not known as 16 anywhere else.

The normal process is you download the installer and then unzip it. From there you simply run the exe to install. Please explain your steps that are opening the browser.

Is the installer local on your machine?

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. I guess it is a firewall issue:
I disconnected my Laptop from the internet, ran the RH 2022 installer and it worked for me.

Afterwards I reconnected again and Robohelp 2022 (not the installer) had no connection issues. I was able to activate RH there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh, it's that bug - the elves at playtime. 🙂

Glad it's sorted.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp