• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 2015: Generating Word Printed Documentation

Participant ,
Jun 27, 2016 Jun 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having a problem when I generate a Word document for printed documentation purposes that in Word when I select a table to do something, for example, to borders, Word crashes.

Is there a solution to this other than not selecting the whole table?

Thanks,

MDawn

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2016 Jul 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this also happen if you generate a document from one of the sample projects? Click Open on the RoboHelp Starter page and then click Samples in the ribbon on the left.

Do you have more than one project and, if yes, does it happen with all of them?

If you create a new print layout in the problem project, does it still happen?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 18, 2016 Jul 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Peter,

Thanks for your response. This was a project that I actually called tech support for help. They said the problem was I used special characters in file names. Even changing the file names didn't help. I finally decided the project was corrupt. I tried in several way to "fix" the problem, with no success. Just recently, I created brand new projects and separated the modules into separate projects and typed the information in again without copying and pasting. This corrected the problems I was having with both the RH projects and the Word projects. It was very time-consuming and irritating, but the projects are recreated cleanly. I wondered why RH would let me create the files with special characters in the names, without a warning message such as Windows gives you. Would have saves a world of frustration!

MDawn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2016 Jul 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should bug report the issue of RoboHelp allowing you to enter characters that it cannot work with. Please follow this link and report it as a bug. The more people who do, the more likely it is to get investigated. You can also use the link to request new features.

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm

After changing all the filenames, did you try deleting the CPD file? It might have helped.

Rather than Copy / Paste in future, paste into a text editor and then into RoboHelp or use something like Pure Text.

Glad you are back in action hope you don't encounter this scenario again.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 21, 2016 Jul 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Peter, for following up on this.

Deleting the CPD file is something RoboHelp support had me do, several times actually, as I continued to have problems. Didn't see to make a difference.

I did log a bug/enhancement request. I was rather frustrated so I logged a request to get this fixed! I was also told that the project name could be too long, but I have not idea what the maximum is.

I am back in action, now.

Thank you for your help.

MDawn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp