Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 2017- Indigo output

Participant ,
Apr 17, 2024 Apr 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm using Robohelp 2017, with the Indigo responsive HTML5 output. The texts below the menu bullets appear incomplete when they exceed the expected length. Is there a way for them to be displayed in full or on two lines? I'm attaching an image with an example of incomplete text

image.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 6 Correct answers

Community Expert , Apr 17, 2024 Apr 17, 2024

To the best of my knowledge increasing the tile size to allow a large font to wrap was not an option. Later versions of RoboHelp offer frameless outputs with many more options for customisation. The current version is 2022.3. It is now a subscription only app and any context sensitive calls would have to change.

The UI is also very different so there's a learning curve.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp re

Votes

Translate

Translate

Don't think you can have it both ways unless you mess around with the button size or figure out a way to force a line feed in the text.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant , Apr 17, 2024 Apr 17, 2024

Thanks!!!!

I don´t understand what means  I have edited your post to include the image inline.

I will wait for the person who knows about this theme.

Tnaks again

bye

Votes

Translate

Translate

You added the image so that it appeared as a link. That meant that anyone wanting to help you had to click the link to view it, then close it to reply. I added the image using the photo icon so that it can be seen as part of the post. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Might know. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

I had a quick look at a RH2019 Indigo output. As you have RH2017, you'll have access to the screen layout css files.

I think you need to unset the height, white-space, text-overflow, overflow and background-clip properties of div.frontpage-toc.grid-5 div span.label in at least 1 location in the layout.css file.

Then you'll probably need to make more adjustments to the tiles, as unsetting the height will mess up that display.

As always, inspecting the output to work out what needs to change

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'd probably have to shrink the font size for all the text to fit on those buttons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. But I need to use large font, that's why I want to find a way for it to be fully readable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't think you can have it both ways unless you mess around with the button size or figure out a way to force a line feed in the text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 18, 2024 Apr 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer. I think I am going to buy 2022 version. I hope I will have less problems with this version.

bye

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please use the photo icon to insert images within the post. Seeing an image inline with the text makes it easier for anyone answering or viewing the post. I have edited your post to include the image inline.

As far as I can see, the skin editor lets you change various properties but not the font. That said, I think there was a way to change it by editing some file. The person who might know is not currently online but hopefully will post later.

Meantime try searching the forum for posts relating to tiles. Use the lower of the two search fields as that is specifically for RoboHelp.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!!!!

I don´t understand what means  I have edited your post to include the image inline.

I will wait for the person who knows about this theme.

Tnaks again

bye

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To the best of my knowledge increasing the tile size to allow a large font to wrap was not an option. Later versions of RoboHelp offer frameless outputs with many more options for customisation. The current version is 2022.3. It is now a subscription only app and any context sensitive calls would have to change.

The UI is also very different so there's a learning curve.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You added the image so that it appeared as a link. That meant that anyone wanting to help you had to click the link to view it, then close it to reply. I added the image using the photo icon so that it can be seen as part of the post. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might know. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot.

I am new on this topics!!

By

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hellow Peter,

Thanks a lot for your answers. Your help is very valuable for me.

I am going to buy 2022 version. I hope I will have less problems with this version.

See you soon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a quick look at a RH2019 Indigo output. As you have RH2017, you'll have access to the screen layout css files.

I think you need to unset the height, white-space, text-overflow, overflow and background-clip properties of div.frontpage-toc.grid-5 div span.label in at least 1 location in the layout.css file.

Then you'll probably need to make more adjustments to the tiles, as unsetting the height will mess up that display.

As always, inspecting the output to work out what needs to change is the way to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I will see all of those themes in my project.

Bye

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can trial it for one month. I think you have to give card details up front so make sure you cancel in plenty of time if you change your mind.

There's a learning curve but I now hate having to look at Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp