Exit

Robohelp 2017-Style sheet

Participant ,
Apr 09, 2024 Apr 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I have a project with many styles. I edited and redefined must of them,
I see them fine on the screen, but when I generate the output it keeps the previous styles.
Can you help me? Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Apr 12, 2024 Apr 12, 2024

The SSL isn't a theme - it's your "Single Source Layouts" - the kind of output you are creating, e.g. Responsive HTML5, WebHelp, CHM, etc. Within that SSL you choose what sort of look the output will have. One of the choices you have in the SSL is to have a single CSS stylesheet applied to all topics. For example, I have a custom stylesheet I created called "apply2all.css" - when I tell the SSL to use that for all topics, when I generate the output & look at the resulting HTML, I see that CSS re

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant , Apr 12, 2024 Apr 12, 2024

Thanks Jeff,

I founded the place where I can put de stylesheet at the output. I am using the Responsive HTML5 output, with customozed Indigo Layout. I´m going to study what can I do with Master pages, I have necver used them.

Thanks a lot!

By 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2024 Apr 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you applied the stylesheet to all your topics? In Rh2017 there are a number of places you can do this depending on your needs. 

1. Apply to every topic individually

2. Apply to every topic using the SSL

3. Assign to a master page (which then must be applied to all topics individually or via the SSL)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2024 Apr 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick check would be to open up an output topic that isn't using your redefined styles in Notepad and look to see that your corrected CSS is being referenced in the HTML.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 12, 2024 Apr 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank for your answer.

I donn´t know how to use SSL. Can you tell me something about this theme?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The SSL isn't a theme - it's your "Single Source Layouts" - the kind of output you are creating, e.g. Responsive HTML5, WebHelp, CHM, etc. Within that SSL you choose what sort of look the output will have. One of the choices you have in the SSL is to have a single CSS stylesheet applied to all topics. For example, I have a custom stylesheet I created called "apply2all.css" - when I tell the SSL to use that for all topics, when I generate the output & look at the resulting HTML, I see that CSS referenced at the beginning of each topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff,

I founded the place where I can put de stylesheet at the output. I am using the Responsive HTML5 output, with customozed Indigo Layout. I´m going to study what can I do with Master pages, I have necver used them.

Thanks a lot!

By 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just confirm in your output (open up a topic in Notepad) to verify that it's using your CSS. Sometimes multiple CSS sheets are referenced - then you either have to delete them or fix them so that they don't overrule your choices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer.

I have another topi to improve. I attach the layout of my output, I need to 

enlarge the letters of the text below the icons. Is it possible?
Thanks a lot!
By

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the pant with the text I need to enlarge, by

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That may not be editable in RH2017 Classic - the New UI versions have more control over those things in the Presets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2024 Apr 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In RH2017 you should have access to the stylesheets in the Indigo screen layout folder. To figure out what you need to change, you'll need to be very confident with CSS and inspect the output. Find the relevant code to determine the style to update, then find the correct place in the screen layout stylesheet file using a text editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp