Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 2019 | Map Files & Mapping

Explorer ,
Apr 08, 2019 Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have created a few WebHelp systems with RH 2019 and since the feature has been available I've been including the map Files in the Output, however, in all cases when the published version of the WebHelp is opened the first page shown is the default page and not the corresponding page.

ie: When WebHelp was created with RH 2017 we could map the pages to our site so that if the user was on the "all about green" page of our system and pressed help they would be taken to the "all about green" topic. Right now no matter which page a user is when they press the Help button they get the default page.

I would like to have this functionality in our Webhelps output from RH2019. I don't want the default page to open, I need the matching page to open.

I know that in the first few versions of RH2019 Map Files were not at all included but it is now. Does it seem likely that the mapping isn't working yet, either buggy or not fully available, or are my developers making an error when they implement the output package? My Developers have had a lot of difficulty implementing my RH2019 files.

Thank you!

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Feb 04, 2024 Feb 04, 2024

I have an idea about why old IDs continue to work, while new ones do not.

In Classic RH, I believe the  map ids were added to a file called csh.js in the output. In New UI the equivalent file is csh.new.js.

Because your developers have written a custom solution to create the URL, I wonder if their solution is looking for csh.js rather than the new file? It's hard to say without knowing what method your developers used to translate the standard RH help call (URL with map id, or api function)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Feb 06, 2024 Feb 06, 2024

Merci, merci 

Agns2935133486cq_0-1707224462136.png

Le problème venait effectivement de ce fichier qui a changé de nom (csh.js qui est devenu csh.new.js). Et surtout que son format est passé de XML à JSON.

L'appel d'aide a été modifié en conséquence et tout fonctionne bien maintenant.

Merci encore à tous pour votre aide

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2024 Jan 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But this one works - https://cegid-pmi-help.cegid.com/CegidPMIOnlineHelp/prod/pmi/topic.htm?#t=CRM%2FKanban_des_opportuni... - so it could be something in the way you're calling it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2024 Jan 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Effectivement avec la rubrique en .htm cela fonctionne. Mais dans mon application, je n'ai pas les noms des rubriques, j'ai juste les ID.

Nous utilisons une URL combiné avec un ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2024 Feb 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an idea about why old IDs continue to work, while new ones do not.

In Classic RH, I believe the  map ids were added to a file called csh.js in the output. In New UI the equivalent file is csh.new.js.

Because your developers have written a custom solution to create the URL, I wonder if their solution is looking for csh.js rather than the new file? It's hard to say without knowing what method your developers used to translate the standard RH help call (URL with map id, or api function) to your custom URL.

If you haven't deleted all the old files off the webserver, the old csh.js file will still be on the server (publishing does not delete any files), and thus the old RH2017 map ids will work. The new map ids will not work, as they exist in a different file that the custom help solution is not looking at.

If I'm right, your developers will need to change their help call to look for the new file instead of the old one. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2024 Feb 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

La piste me parait être la bonne.

J'ai demandé aux développeurs de vérifier. Je vous tiens au courant dès que j'ai leur retour.

Merci

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2024 Feb 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Merci, merci 

Agns2935133486cq_0-1707224462136.png

Le problème venait effectivement de ce fichier qui a changé de nom (csh.js qui est devenu csh.new.js). Et surtout que son format est passé de XML à JSON.

L'appel d'aide a été modifié en conséquence et tout fonctionne bien maintenant.

Merci encore à tous pour votre aide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp