• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 2022.2.22 Does not open index.htm file

Explorer ,
Sep 08, 2023 Sep 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just recently uninstalled/rebooted/installed my Robohelp due to a different issue. 

With the same version installed, I get this warning when I open my RH project:

ChadPink_0-1694204717723.png

I click OK, generate a Responsive HTML5 output, no errors, but the index.htm file does not open correctly. It just keeps "thinking." I tried to open in Edge thinking Chrome might be the culprit, but I'm getting same issue.

ChadPink_1-1694204847482.png
Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2023 Sep 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your reinstall may have picked up patch#3 that just recently came out - I'd update to it anyway for the fixes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2023 Sep 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version is showing in the Help menu?

Edge is built on Chrome so while it could be the issue, it is unlikely.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 11, 2023 Sep 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the same as the previous one I uninstalled.

ChadPink_0-1694436932635.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it was 2022.2 and showing the image in your first post, then someone must have opened it in 2022.3. That is likely but not definitely the cause of the problem. 

Can you not just apply Update 3?

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it's blocked by our IT.

I'll have to download patch 3 installer to my machine or have a link to it so our IT knows what to install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Blocked for you or they don't want it installed? It can be downloaded from Download RoboHelp and RoboHelp Server (adobe.com).

The only other way to get that message would be you had an earlier update of 2022. Either 2022.0 or 2022.1.

You could also try creating a new preset or with the project closed, delete the .rh folder and then reopen the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Blocked for me. 
No, my previous version was 2022.2.2 (I had to look at the screenshot on the other thread 🙂 ) Each time I close my project and open it, I get the Warning.

ChadPink_0-1694440032169.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this link:  https://helpx.adobe.com/robohelp/using/what-s-new-in-robohelp-2022-release-update-3.html#install_upd...

When I click Windows in this box, it has the same filename as the one our IT installed.

ChadPink_0-1694440254391.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the link I gave you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the same file name 😞

ChadPink_0-1694441944484.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file name doesn't change. Download it and install. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, will have IT install it. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to make sure I am downloading the correct file. I went to the link you provided, and it is telling me that I am downloading a Trial version. Is this ok?

ChadPink_0-1694448339032.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's the same version as the "full" one. The difference is that you have a subscription already, so it will not limit you to the 30 day trial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds good. I'll proceed with the install then. Thank you so much!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And one more thing.. so when I opened the RH project, it was showing the 2022.2.22 version as per the screenshot I took... but when IT did the uninstall, it showed this version. This probably explains why I get the "old version" warning each time I opened the project.

ChadPink_0-1694448462233.png
My question is.. should I go ahead and have IT install the Trial version I downloaded?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's OK. When you install it, it will recognise your licence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed the latest version.

ChadPink_0-1694454704065.png

Still the same [index.htm file does not open correctly. It just keeps "thinking."] issue 😞

ChadPink_1-1694454742676.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, one down, one to go. Have you tried a test with the sample project? If it acts the same way, then I suspect the issue is something to do with permissions in the browser settings. If it works, then there's something in your project that's going sideways.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried the sample project. It generated an dI'm able to view it.

ChadPink_0-1694457295563.png

There were a lot of changes done to our network lately. I'll get with a developer to see if they can figure it out. I'm hoping it is a permissions issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before doing that, try generating your project into the same spot that just worked for the sample.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a folder c:\Testoutput and generate to that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2023 Sep 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updates on this issue. Still cannot open the index file. I got approved for admin rights, I now have that in place.
I generated my project while logged in to my admin account, the same issue. [index.htm file does not open correctly. It just keeps "thinking."]

ChadPink_1-1695757419681.png

I got with our developer and he said my index.htm file was missing some files. Does anyone know what this is? Sorry, I can't explain it detail. Too technical for me. He did say "CSHParam" was missing from index.htm

ChadPink_3-1695757530712.png

Our Developer figured out a way to fix the issue; however, it was done by manually updating the index.htm file. It might work in the mean time since we have a SW release coming soon. But it's not ideal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2023 Sep 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are the lines that our Dev added to make the index.htm file work.

ChadPink_0-1695758654904.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp