• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 2022.4.182: Breadcrumb in frameless search results is not a clickable link

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2024 Jun 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a frameless output in RoboHelp 2022.4.182 (Mac). When the user searches on either the home page or the topic page, the list of search results includes a page title, page description, and a breadcrumb. Only the page title portion of the result is a clickable URL, although the mouse pointer changes to a hand when mousing over both the page title and the breadcrumb (which would indicate to me that both of these should be clickable). How do I make the breadcrumb be a clickable link? When I inspect in both the Safari and Chrome browser debuggers, it appears that only the page title is a link, but I do not see anywhere in the RoboHelp UI where I could set this. Thank you!

TOPICS
New UI , Output presets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the Layout Tab > Topic Page - Breadcrumbs Home Hyperlinks field have anything to do with how they behave?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I don't think so? I already had the "Breadcrumbs Home Hyperlink" toggled on and the Search breadcrumb was not a clickable link. If I toggle on Breadcrumbs, I get a page breadcrumb at the top of my topic pages, but the search results breadcrumb remains unaffected. I see CSS selectors for the various portions of the breadcrumb in the Home Page and Topic Page tabs, but these would just let me hide the unclickable breadcrumb (which may be what I end up doing, especially if the mouse pointer is going to be a hand).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2024 Jun 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If it's not already a link, I don't think there's any easy way to make it one. Howver, you might be able to remove the hand in the skin settings. look for the property 'cursor' and change the value from 'pointer' to 'auto'. Do make sure you identify the correct location as you don't want to remove the hand from actual links.  If you use the browser developer tools to inspect the output, you can probably use that information to find the correct section in the skin.

If you can't find any sections in the skin that have a 'cursor' property, then the developer tools can also be used to tell you the correct css to change. Add that style into a custom css and add the css in the User Assets section of the skin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp