• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 2022 !SSL! folder

Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2024 Apr 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have begun working with RoboHelp 2022 after having used 2017 for the past several years, and are still encountering snags. For instance, yesterday I imported an entire project into 2022, but that brought over the !SSL! folder (it ended up in the table of contents), which is not used by 2022. Is it safe to simply delete it? Is there a way to keep that from happening again?

While we're at it, I'm also having trouble with the Search function. How does that work?

Thanks to anyone who can help (Hi, Peter Grainge!)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 21, 2024 Apr 21, 2024

Just to confirm, you clicked on the .xpj file before clicking Open? It won't do anything if you simply browse to the folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't provide any insight regarding the ssl being added to the toc, which is super weird.

Just to clarify, it's definitely in a specific TOC file in the Table of Contents folder and not in the Contents folder? (The names are similar enough people have been confused before).

Can you provide more info on what problem you are having with Search.? I assume you mean in the output and not in the RH editor? And what output and skin/template are you using as that might have a bearing on the answer.

(My first thought on "how does it work" was "you type in the Search field and press the Search icon and topics display in the panel underneath", but I assume that is not actually what you are asking. 😛  )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2024 Apr 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe a couple of screen shots will help. 

Here we see the !SSL! folder in Contents:

LonTheWriter_0-1713455402717.png

...but it is also in the Table of Contents:

LonTheWriter_1-1713455475475.png

Does that help?

I hope so... thanks for responding!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I click the Search tab, enter a term I know is somewhere in the project, and get a "not found" message.

Also, I get this every time I compile -- only on this project; hasn't happened with any other:

LonTheWriter_1-1713482142701.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully upgrading your project correctly will fix the problem. If not post back with what output you're generating and what skin/template you're using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2024 Apr 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The output is a CHM. See Item 15 at RoboHelp Gems (grainge.org)

That said, I would not worry about that until upgrading is working properly.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like @Amebr I don't follow how you got the SSL folder in your 2022 project.

You say "imported". Which option did you use?

image.png

I don't think anyone else has managed to bring in the SSL folder. Is the Classic structure correct?

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Peter!

Thank you for responding ... I clicked in the Conents area, selected Import > Folder, et voila ... everything is dumped in. As far as "Classic structure," could you clarify?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's why it has gone wrong. Try again with Upgrade. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Peter!

Thanks for the suggestion... however, I got as far as selecting Upgrade RoboHelp Classic Project, which took me to a directory tree ... I navigated to the folder I wanted, clicked on it  and ... nothing. BTW, I'm using Kevin Siegel's Adobe RoboHelp 2022: The Essentials, which mentions f--- all about importing anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, you want the root of the project folder & select the .xpj file - the upgrade will preserve your original Classic project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I navigated to the folder I wanted

The folder with the XPJ file in your Classic project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

comme ca:

LonTheWriter_1-1713478270425.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if this helps. RH2022 Upgrading from Classic Versions (grainge.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Peter...

I tried the procedures in Converting the Project to Adobe RoboHelp New UI Format, but as before, I selected the main folder of my existing project (it contains the .xpj file), but when I click Open, the New Project dialog does not appear... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2024 Apr 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to confirm, you clicked on the .xpj file before clicking Open? It won't do anything if you simply browse to the folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2024 Apr 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I must have misread some step in Adobe's instruction, for I did, in fact, select the folder and click open; of course, nothing happened...which led me to believe there was a problem.

Then I read your post, clicked the .xpj file, et voila! no problem ... I now have a working project in RH2022. Thanks so much, Amebr!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the Classic project? If you can, then see the Contact page on my site and send the project as instructed there. Do make sure you include a link to this thread and please do not email the project direct. I'd like to see if I get the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2024 Apr 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try opening the About RoboHelp sample project in Documents > My RoboHelp Projects. 

• If that fails it's an installation issue. Did you install RoboHelp with Admin rights?
  • If it works, then the issue is your Classic project. Is the Classic project on your C drive?

Beyond that, I think the only options are that you share the Classic project with me if you can to see if I can upgrade it or you go to Adobe Support. See https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#robohelp for your Adobe Support options. The email link tcssup@adobe.com is recommended as it reaches a team dedicated to Technical Communication Suite products including RoboHelp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp