• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp adding an extra backslash in TOC (.hhc) in generated HTML5 Output

Explorer ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I searched the Forum but could not find anything related to this...

My problem/issue/annoyance is that, in the TOC of one of my RH2017 projects, I have a backslash:

SGRoeh_0-1655125213222.png

When I generate the HTML5 output, RH adds a second backslash for some reason:

SGRoeh_1-1655125601539.png

The TOC link in the generated output works and the topic itself looks fine:

SGRoeh_2-1655125655500.png

I did a NotePad++ search in the folder of where the generated output is published to and found these instances of where these double backslashes occur:

SGRoeh_3-1655125777391.png

Again, everything seems to work fine, I'm just wondering if anyone else has come across this issue/annoyance and if there's a way to prevent this from happenning.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Ok, I'm not sure if that was the last version of RH2017, but there wouldn't be any fixes made to it to address this in that version anymore. If you wanted to log it as a bug, you'd need to confirm that it's still acting the same way in RH2020 - you could grab the trial & test with that.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Hi Jeff - I was finally able to download and install the trial version of RoboHelp 2020. I converted my 2017 version of my project over to 2020, built and verified that this is not an issue in the new version so I guess no bug to log.

Thanks for all your help though.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think they called those "escaped characters" iirc - it's to tell that you really wanted that "\" character as a character and not as a command or path.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but escape charactes usually don't show up in the actual published help. Escape characters are processed during the compiler process and aren't supposed to be exposed to the user. In my case, the "escape" character is shown in the TOC of the generated output as part of the TOC's string. It's not in the .hhc project file - it only shows up after it gets processed in the generated output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of RH are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp 2017 v13.0.2.334

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I'm not sure if that was the last version of RH2017, but there wouldn't be any fixes made to it to address this in that version anymore. If you wanted to log it as a bug, you'd need to confirm that it's still acting the same way in RH2020 - you could grab the trial & test with that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding and looking into this issue. A colleagure of mine may still have a trial version of RH2020 and I've asked him to test if it hasn't lapsed yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jeff - I was finally able to download and install the trial version of RoboHelp 2020. I converted my 2017 version of my project over to 2020, built and verified that this is not an issue in the new version so I guess no bug to log.

Thanks for all your help though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp