Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp and Netskope

Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience with Robohelp and Netskope? It seems that Netskope is blocking the ability to create a connection between Robohelp and SharePoint Online, and therefore publishing is blocked.

Has anyone else had this issue, and how did you resolve it?

thanks,

Carmela

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never seen Netskope mentioned on this forum. Have you tried their forum to see if others have posted there with issues from RoboHelp or similar tools? Maybe Netskope themselves can help with identifying what is causing the block and then maybe Adobe can help?

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd get your IT folks on this one - they need to tune the security app so that it doesn't block legitimate applications that you need to function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Carmela. I suspect your IT team has already looked at this link, but just in case:

John Daigle
Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor
Newport, Oregon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I got the connection to work. Robohelp connected with SharePoint, created the location folder in the Documents folder, began to upload folders: template (2 folders in it), whdata (no files or folders in it),  and assests (nothing in the folder) and then it just stopped loading anything. It did this before, we let it go, waiting for an error, 4 hours later, no error, just the window stating that it was uploading files. But it seems to have gotten stuck. Has anyone had this happen, and if so, how did you resolve? Or where do I lead my IT department to look for a solution?

Is there any technical docuemtnation on how this should work? MY IT department said they have searched Adobe and no technical information on Robohelp. Without any detailed Adobe documentation, I can only come here and ask the questions, and go back to my IT department.  Thank you for your patience.

Carmela

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is what you have reported at https://community.adobe.com/t5/robohelp-discussions/robohelp-and-netskope/m-p/12938327#M144418 with Netskope involved or direct from RoboHelp to Sharepoint. If the latter, when you uploading, is that using the publish dialog or a third party tool?

Direct is covered in basic terms at SharePoint Online but that's pretty much which is what is in the online help, which I assume you have read.

If you can rule out Netskope still being an issue I think your best option with this one is Support. See https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#robohelp for your Adobe Support options. The email link tcssup@adobe.com is recommended as it reaches a team dedicated to Technical Communication Suite products including RoboHelp. 

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding. We've exhausted the avenues that you've referenced in your response. I have called Adobe, my IT has called Adobe, we've met with Adobe Tech support. I've sent emails updating Adobe Tech support on the latest progress, but have not received a response. 

It appears that the connection is being made, however, the publishing process is failing. We need IT and Adobe tech support to work together to find out if it's Robohelp or if it is our side. I'll continue to try to contact Adobe.

In the meantime, if there is anyone else on this community that has had this publishing issue (connection made, but the publishing process stalls) please let me know if you were able to resolve, and then how you resolved it.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you're in contact with the RH folks - not the regular Adobe tech support crew (they tend to not know the ins & outs of RH very well).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I've been in contact with Tulika, Surhbi, Amet and Deep, through email - no response since an April 20th meeting. And, called support on Tuesday with case#, told they would call back, no response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is definitely as far as it can be escalated. 🙂 Have you sent anything to those people since 20th April? If not try a reminder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also guessing that Adobe have checked your RoboHelp version, should be 7.

My gut feel is this is something on your side or there would be many more threads about this. That doesn't help though as you need to know what it is. I'm sorry I can't help on that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Yes, I'm on version 2020.7.46, and I'm trying to publish frameless.

Thanks for responding, you and John are always so helpful, I appreciate both of you! Have a great day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are experienceing some of the same setup issues with Robohelp and Netskope. Do you by chance remember what was required to fix the SharePoint Online connection? Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This looks related to whitelisting which is require at Netskope end and also please have your IT team have a look at https://docs.netskope.com/en/configure-netskope-to-access-your-office-365-sharepoint-sites-app.html .

Whitelisting for following URLs is also required:

Let me know how it goes. 

Thanks and Regards,
Surbhi Maheshwari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Yes, I can confirm netskope has been configured for office 365 sharepoint sites and the URLs listed have been whitelisted. Here is the error from the robohelp logs: 

So the root cause issue is that the self-signed certificate, meaning Netskope’s certificate it uses for traffic interception. Typically this is resolved using this URL:  https://docs.netskope.com/en/configuring-cli-based-tools-and-development-frameworks-to-work-with-net...Does anyone have any experience with this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for sharing the details.

From the above shared article of netskope, have you tried setting the environment variable?

$ export NODE_EXTRA_CA_CERTS=[your CA certificate file path]

If not please do so and let me know how it goes.

Thanks and Regards,
Surbhi Maheshwari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds like a little bit outside of my expertise, so I am hoping that adobe support might be able to help out, or if you know of any easy way to do this, please let me know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I set the Windows environment variable to the location of the certificate with no success. Is there something different you might be referring to? Is there a way to configure Robohelp to trust the Netskope Certificate Authority? I tried adding the certificate to the cert.pem file located at C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp\resources\app.asar.unpacked\node_modules\dugite\git\mingw64\ssl as well as the ca-bundle and ca-bundle.trust located at C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp\resources\app.asar.unpacked\node_modules\dugite\git\mingw64\ssl with no success.

From what I understand,  often times the resolution relies on certificates being in a certain location or added to an application to resolve these SSL interception issues.

This is the error we are still seeing in the robohelp logs: 

error: [14904] TokenRequest Error: FetchError: request to https://login.microsoftonline.com/common/oauth2/v2.0/token failed, reason: self signed certificate in certificate chain

For what it's worth, we are seeing successful authentication in the MS admin portal. Please let me know what you think and if there is something more we can try!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You need to set NODE_EXTRA_CA_CERTS enviroment variable with value as your CA certificate file path. 

If you don't have permissions to do so please ask your admin to help. Once this is set, please restart the machine and try again. I hope that it should work after that.

@cwilbur and her IT team have resolved this issue at their. Kindly share the steps you followed to solve this with fellow RoboHelp users 🙂

Thanks and Regards,
Surbhi Maheshwari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I set NODE_EXTRA_CA_CERTS to the path of the CA certificate file in Windows by going to advanced system settings>environment variables. Is there another location it needs to be set at? If not, I restarted my machine and still had no success.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good morning , 

We are having issues downloading a project, it comes up as empty. could you please tell me where to set up 

$ export NODE_EXTRA_CA_CERTS=[your CA certificate file path]

My tech ppl asked me which url needs to be added the certificate above. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@cwilbur I think you need to take this up with your developers as @surbhi_maheshwari is where Support would be going!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Grant27459497a2f2 In many corporate environments, the environment variables can't be changed without an admin login, so I'd advise contacting your IT help desk (or developers as Peter suggested, although sometimes they won't have access either) with the details Surbhi posted. They should be able to set it for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am the IT admin and the variable needs to be set on the Robohelp side. It appears Peter's reply was to another comment I believe. I can't imagine that a company would have in house developers for Robohelp other than adobe, but hey I could be wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Surbhi wouldn't have suggested something that requires Robohelp developers as they only exist at Adobe. I suppose maybe they meant doing something in the developer tools (Ctrl+Alt+D). But I figured they meant adding the the variable name and the path to the netskope certificate to the Windows environment variables. However @surbhi_maheshwari can confirm for sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp