Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp Foreign Language Capability

Explorer ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using RoboHelp 2020.7.46 / W10 / 64 Bit

My understanding is RH can convert my English project to another language.

Is there any guidance / best practices on how to best proceed? For example, do I just copy my RH folder, rename it, and use the translate feature so I have two active projects? If changes are made to a file, I update the English file, copy the English file into the other project and covert as required?

I have not looked into this much so wanted to ask for guidance before staring this process. I have hundreds of topics to convert and was hoping to get some tips on how to best proceed.

Thank you.

Shawn

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the RoboHelp Tour on my site. It's explained there. 

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I will take a look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

June 10, 2022

Peter:

I read through your documents and located a few videos to watch. When you have time, I had a few followup questions.

1. Using Spanish as an example, I was going to copy my RoboHelp project and name that project Spanish. After reading your guidance, I think the correct use is stay within my English project and using Translations, let RoboHelp create and manage the Spanish project. That way I complete all my updates in one location (English version) and sync it with my Spanish version. I can then add another Translation (e.g., German) and complete the same task.
  2. In the New Translation, there is an option - "Link and existing translated project". What is that option for?
  3. For the Google Translation API V2, is there a link I can go to so I can proceed using this option.. Google offers many API services, so any guidance would be appreciated.
  4. I'm still testing this, but once I have the Spanish project created, do I then open the Spanish version to create my help files? I wasn't sure what all I mange in my English version and what do I need to mange in my Spanish version.

Thank you for your help.

Shawn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please bear in mind I have not worked with translation in a live environment. My knowledge is theoretical.

1] You let RoboHelp create the Spanish project. You make your changes in the prime language, English in this case. You can further languages.

2] I'm not too sure here so I would suggest you take a look at RoboHelp's own help and/or contact Support. See https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#robohelp for your Adobe Support options. The email link tcssup@adobe.com is recommended as it reaches a team dedicated to Technical Communication Suite products including RoboHelp. 

My assumption is that RoboHelp will somehow sync the two.

3] Again I am not sure but I think this is where you need to start. Google Translate Help

4] Yes once the Spanish project is translated, you then generate the Spanish help from there.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 11, 2022 Jun 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Peter:

Thank you.

Shawn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp