Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

search function in RH2022

Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2024 Apr 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, again!

Now that we've (you've) solved the import and skins issues, can we tackle the search issue I'm having, i.e., it doesn't work.

In RH2017, I could click the Search button and enter into the text box any word I wanted to find, and if it existed anywhere in the project, I would see a list of which topic and page it could be found.

Now, when I test the Search tab and look for a word I know is in the project (e.g., a topic title), I get No Topics Found.

Was gibt?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide...

Lon

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 25, 2024 Apr 25, 2024

Do I remember you talking about chm output before? Perhaps check that all the dlls are registered correctly. Search for MJ's Diagnostics - I think it's available through another tool vendor's site these days, but I can't remember which one - not the big 2, for sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2024 Apr 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do I remember you talking about chm output before? Perhaps check that all the dlls are registered correctly. Search for MJ's Diagnostics - I think it's available through another tool vendor's site these days, but I can't remember which one - not the big 2, for sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2024 Apr 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went to MJ's diagnostics and got this:

LonTheWriter_1-1714170290732.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2024 Apr 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this link.

FAR HTML Download - Help Information (en) (help-info.de)

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 01, 2024 May 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Peter!

I was just working with one of our tech people, who downloaded the FAR_HTML and got a report that said everything was okay, except that it noted we need to "Reinstall HTML Workshop." We didn't know that said workshop was installed in the first place. Keep in mind that our tech staff is not quite proficient with RoboHelp.

So, do we really need to "Reinstall HTML Workshop," and if so, how?

Thanks for your continued assistance!

Lon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...also wanted to specify that we used MJ's Diagnostics, as suggested...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you should have it installed if creating CHMs - see https://www.helpandmanual.com/downloads_mscomp.html for the download file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2024 Apr 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add to @Amebr's reply, see Item 11 at RoboHelp Gems (grainge.org) with links to the downloads.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp