• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Search not working when publishing to SharePoint

New Here ,
May 20, 2024 May 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RH Version 2022.3.93 and am publishing projects to SharePoint for the first time. Search functionality works perfectly when I publish a project for the first time. However, when I republish the project, searching doesn't work, and the browser crashes. Searching works perfectly if I create a new folder with a unique name to publish the project to. If I republish with the same folder name, searching doesn't work, even when I delete the original folder from SharePoint.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 22, 2024 May 22, 2024

What happens if you publish for a second time, clear your browser cache, then try searching? If it works, it would indicate a caching issue. Perhaps your web server admin, or sharepoint admin can set a different caching period or turn it off. If they don't want to do that global, see if they can target the whxdata folder only, as i know I have had caching problems with that folder in non-sharepoint help sites.

Otherwise, as Peter said, your best bet is support.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2024 May 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow this link and scroll down to Sharepoint to see what has been fixed in Update 4. Issues fixed in Adobe RoboHelp. I don't think the search issue there is yours but that's for you to decide.

I do not recommend Update 4 at the moment as it has a bug whereby any blank lines added for spacing reasons are ignored. This is being investigated by Adobe. 

There aren't many Sharepoint users supporting the forum at the moment. If you don't get an answer, I suggest for this one you need to go to Adobe Support. See https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#robohelp for your Adobe Support options. The email link tcssup@adobe.com is recommended as it reaches a team dedicated to Technical Communication Suite products including RoboHelp.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2024 May 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you publish for a second time, clear your browser cache, then try searching? If it works, it would indicate a caching issue. Perhaps your web server admin, or sharepoint admin can set a different caching period or turn it off. If they don't want to do that global, see if they can target the whxdata folder only, as i know I have had caching problems with that folder in non-sharepoint help sites.

Otherwise, as Peter said, your best bet is support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2024 May 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried it, and it worked. Now, I must clear the browser cache whenever I need to republish. I sent your response to my web team to see if they can figure out how to clear out the whxdata folder or if there is another way to clear the cache.
Thanks for your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp