• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Search results not displaying - update

Explorer ,
Feb 13, 2024 Feb 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to reply to the following thread, but replies are locked, so I'm creating a new post for an update on this issue: https://community.adobe.com/t5/robohelp-discussions/search-results-not-displaying/m-p/14375553

The same issue came up again, and we tried the following, but none of these worked:

1) Re-publish

2) Delete the files from the server and re-publish

3) Delete the files from the server, delete my local project, re-generate, and re-publish

After all of those didn't work, we zipped the files and provided them that way instead. This did fix the problem. 

We found that the zipped files had more items in the "whxdata" > "text" folder than the exact same files that were published via the Publish function. So it seems that the Publish function does not send all of the "text" folder's files over, which causes issues with the Search function in the output.

Is this something that can be fixed? Is there a reason the Publish function would send an incomplete "whxdata" > "text" folder? 

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 13, 2024 Feb 13, 2024

I don't know why someone has locked the other thread. I know Adobe are looking into this issue and I will be bring this additional thread to their attention.

There's nothing you can do but, as I say, it is being looked at. Your information will help.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know why someone has locked the other thread. I know Adobe are looking into this issue and I will be bring this additional thread to their attention.

There's nothing you can do but, as I say, it is being looked at. Your information will help.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I think I did that because you said everything was working fine....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Incorrect publishing can be caused by network issues. If there's a blip, some files might not copy across properly. But that is for your IT to sort out.

I think SFTP publish can be more reliable, as it was designed for transferring over the internet and I believe has better recovery/error correction/something than network transfers. That would require your IT involvement as well to set up.

Another option might be to use something like BeyondCompare to compare the files in the generate folder with the ones in the publish folder and manually copy across any missing or outdated ones. Do note that publish does not delete files off the server, so you are likely to find old, unused files still located there (although you did say you'd deleted the server contents, so unlikely to be an issue for you for a while). And you should also be careful if you manually copy any other files up to the server (I've done this at previous workplaces for individual file hosting for various reasons).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the response. We do use SFTP. And the developer used a compare tool to find the differences. There are about 500 items in the "whxdata" > "text" folder that we sent via SFTP Publish, but about 800 items in the "whxdata" > "text" folder in the generated files folder. We will just zip them and upload that way, for now. I hope Adobe can fix the issue so we can use the Publish function again. Thanks for the response!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2024 Jun 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI, we found a workaround. When we need to publish we just Generate directly to the shared folder where the development team needs it (updated the Output Path).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2024 Jun 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The issue is with the Publish feature so any other way of getting the help onto the server will work. You could use FileZilla for example.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp