• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Significant Memory usage From RH2019

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2019 Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are attempting to use the latest version of Robohelp 2019 14.0.6. With the application open but not processing or generating anything, Robohelp 2019 is taking up 3.5 gb of RAM memory, which is quite substantial.

The strangely large about of consumed ram is causing slowdowns, sluggishness, and unresponsiveness in the application which is making using the software quite cumbersome.

It there a configuration change we can make to reduce the amount of RAM RH2019 is eating up? Anything that we can do to make the software a bit more usable?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no user settings that I am aware of. I just opened the RoboHelp Reimagined sample project and memory use was under 0.5gb.See what you get with the same project.

If it is significantly higher then I think you need to involve your own IT people to check things out. Is RoboHelp installed to the default location? Is the project local as well? Are there other environment issues they know of?

I have not seen anyone else report this so it seems more likely it is a local issue. Beyond that, it would be a case of contacting Adobe Support.

I have assumed you are operating on a supported Windows platform.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears to surge and wane in terms of memory usage. But the issue is fairly consistent.

Robohelp is installed in the default location as per the installer. And the project that we are editing is local as well. We are running Windows 10 with the latest update.

We are using VMWare Fusion to run the software, which possibly could be affecting things, but I'm not sure why a VM would tell robohelp to consume more memory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to install it outside VMWare to run a one off comparison?

Peter Grainge

www.grainge.org

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We do not have a machine ready to perform that test so we'll have to look to take some time to spin something up to test on a non-vm windows os at some point when we are able to take that time away from production.

Not that it really tells me anything, but the previous version of Robohelp was not experiencing this memory consumption issue. Just with the updated version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 24, 2019 Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It does not look like an issue related to VMWare. Can you please share a sample project which has this issue?

Also, are you facing this issue with every project or one specific project?

Our suspect is may be there is some specific type of content or caching which is not being handled properly by RH 2019.

You can share the project to this id: sumahesh@adobe.com

Thanks and Regards,
Surbhi Maheshwari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Surbhi,

Thank you for reaching out. We have noticed a significant improvement with regular closing of the application (daily). I suspect it would might be a memory leak of some variety.

I will need to double check that I am allowed to send to you before I can do so. Can you provide some confirmation that you are adobe employee?

Thanks again for taking the time to look into this with us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at Surbhi's post, it has a Staff badge that only Adobe can put on the forums. Also her email address is @adobe.com

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Were you able to figure out a way to resolve this issue?

thanks

Gagan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp