• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Skins (Templates)for RH2022

Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2024 Apr 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My reference book, Adobe RoboHelp 2022: The Essentials, is a bit useless at times ... like now. In RH2012, the skin we used looked like this:

LonTheWriter_0-1713910209481.png

So, is there a similar option in RH2022? I can't seem to find it. Of course, it needn't be identical to this, but we'd like something...

Title amended by Moderator to improve searches

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , May 05, 2024 May 05, 2024

They are templates now. The background image is defined in the template editor as are the tiles.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , May 05, 2024 May 05, 2024

See Item 22 in RoboHelp Gems (grainge.org) for editing the tiles.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , May 15, 2024 May 15, 2024

Your reply was OK, I just hadn't seen it when I replied. 

You mean the home page rather than the TOC. Just as a test, try a different default template. I'll take a look in the morning.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW: I'm using Microsoft HTML Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my very vague memory from the age of dinosaurs ( 😉 ) I think chm skins were actually RH webhelp skins somehow incorporated into the chm viewer. They are definitely not a default feature of Microsoft HTML Help. I suspect they did not make it in to New UI, given RH webhelp is defunct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2024 Apr 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Skins for CHMs were introduced in Classic versions and used methods that the strict adherence to HTML5 and CSS3 rules prevent. They are not part of the CHM output in the new UI versions and cannot be.

As @Amebr has said, WebHelp is also defunct. That is for the same reasons. The options are responsive and frameless templates, as skins are now called. Frameless is the way to go as that is where Adobe are focussing development and they are much easier to customise.

There is no CHM subsitute anywhere that I have seen.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 03, 2024 May 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello ... search function seems to be working, so on with the skins game:

We're considering using the Frameless option, but would like to modify the appearance (skin?) to more accurately reflect our company's style -- specifically the colors, but if we could replace the images on the Home page with something more appropriate to our image, that ... would ... be ... great. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2024 May 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are templates now. The background image is defined in the template editor as are the tiles.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2024 May 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See Item 22 in RoboHelp Gems (grainge.org) for editing the tiles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 07, 2024 May 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Peter, and thanks so much for your assistance. I was tempted to select this as a Correct Answer, but I have an additional question.

I was able to change the color of the band at the top and to change the photos in the tiles -- worked perfectly!

However, I would also like to change the logo (looks like the tuning pegs of a guitar with sound waves) to our company logo, but can't find where I can do this. Is it possible?

Thanks again,

Lon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2024 May 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it has answered your question, it is the correct answer. Adding another question does not affect that. You can mark more than one post as correct if you add answers or more than one person gives you the correct answer.

With your latest post, a screenshot always helps and include the template name. I think this is what you mean.

image.png

You need to go here.

image.png

If you use a home page, you also need to go here.

image.png

In both cases expand the Background section and you will see where to change the image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 14, 2024 May 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again, Peter, for your continued support, not to mention patience.

I did have tiles for a while there; they looked pretty good, too... but somehow in the changing logo process, they disappeared. Now, when I publish and view my project, it starts on my Introduction page ... and that's all; no Table of Contents at all.

Rather than keep clicking on various items, I thought I'd better seek your advice once again.

Thank you,

Lon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2024 May 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you are calling the TOC is correctly called the Home Page.

I would guess you have deselected it here in the preset.

image.png

I can't think of any other way for it not to appear. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Peter!

Actually, I did have Use Template Home Page checked; however, I also had a page specified in the Home Page box. I cleared that, but still not getting the ToC tiles that I once had...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot please. 

Do they still appear when you generate? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here it is (Studio):

LonTheWriter_1-1715799351637.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...no, they do not appear when I generate...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... and the answer to my question? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies for the lack of clarity in my previous post, when I mentioned "no, they do not appear when I generate..." I was referring to the tiles/images in the ToC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your reply was OK, I just hadn't seen it when I replied. 

You mean the home page rather than the TOC. Just as a test, try a different default template. I'll take a look in the morning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning, Peter!

I tried your suggestion and realized that (I don't know why) I had selected Manage Tiles from TOC; when I de-selected it, my images appeared.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2024 May 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah that would screw it up. 🙂

Perhaps somewhere in this thread there is now a correct answer or something that is worthy of an upvote? 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp