I am using RH 2020.6.76 and trying to use the Frameless output type. My project has a little less than 3000 topics.
After I generate the Frameless output and putting it on our webserver, the Search has a drastically decreased response time the first time I search. Sometimes it is 10 seconds, sometimes more where the screen shows no response at all. Users complain because they think search is broken since the screen does not indicate that it is doing anything.
I did some tracking and it appears that this time is largely spent downloading search_db.js, which is approximately 26 MB. The search speed does improve once the file is stored locally.
My questions are as follows:
In my tests yesterday, I turned on "Inspect" in my browser (Chrome) and it showed that it was only downloading the .JS and not the .GZ. We even tried renaming the .GZ to be a .JS and that failed to work at all, which is what I expected.
Copy link to clipboard
We have enabled the compression as suggested. The files is now compressed as it sends. Time has dropped from 30s to 6s which is more manageable.
Thanks you all for your help.