Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The 'Insert paragraph here' option

Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2019 Jul 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Inside a Dropdown box, at the start and the end of the inserted text, a blue doted line appears when you scroll over the first and last line of the text. When you place your cursor over the blue box on the right side, if you click the box, a new paragraph will be created.

RH-Insert paragraph.jpg

This option is not needed and is annoying. If I need a new paragraph at the beginning or the end of the of the Dropdown text box, I will press Enter or add paragraph tags (<p> <\p>) in the source.

What do you think?

Cheers!

Pierre

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are times when Enter doesn't give you a paragraph below the line and

you need to click where you have shown. It is needed.

Peter Grainge

www.grainge.org

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Well, why is that? Even in this text box, if I press enter before or after a paragraph, it will create a new paragraph over or under.

Let's try it:

Here's paragraph 1.

I've just inserted this one between 1 and 2.

Here's paragraph 2.

Now, why can't RoboHelp do this?

I'm going to discuss this on my next discussion.

Pierre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your privilege but a few times I have needed it. Where that tends to occur is where there is nothing below the blue line.

I suspect Adobe have been working on improving not needing it but are retaining it until they are sure.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been through the scenarios where the blue line was needed and they now work without using it. I have asked Adobe if there are any remaining scenarios.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2019 Jul 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found a scenario where it is needed while looking at one of your other posts.

Create a dropdown at the end of a topic and input the content. Now try to create a line below outside the dropdown without going to the source. For me it can't be done.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp