• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The Word VBA macro version registered is incorrect.

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2007 Jan 26, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to generate printed documentation of my Help system and I get the following error:
---------------------------
Printed Documentation
The Word VBA macro version registered is incorrect.

Please reinstall Printed Documentation.
OK
I cannot figure out where I reinstall Printed Documentaion from as I downloaded the Robo Help Program and do not have a CD. Can someone please advise? Thanks!
TOPICS
Classic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2014 Jan 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SUCCESS!! You made my day! Thank you so much, it works!

So maybe you can charge the doughnut of wisdom to Adobe's account.

Without this functionality I would not pay for RoboHelp 11.

And thank you Peter Grainge for all of your hints and time!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2014 Nov 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Deepdene!  I was having the exact issue and your step #2 - manually running the Register macro from with PrintDoc.dot worked for me.

I experienced the issue on a new installation of Robohelp 11.  Robohelp was installed with admin rights and MS Word 2010 (32-bit version) was already installed and activated but I was still getting the error when trying to generate a PDF doc that "Microsoft Word seems not to be responding. Would you like to continue waiting for a response?" Then clicking No I got the "VBA Macro version registered is incorrect" error.

Your step was a huge time saver.  Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2015 Nov 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I am now using RoboHelp 2015 and I encountered the same problem (unable to generate printed document). Though I've tried the above-mentioned workarounds, regretfully none of them can solve the problem.

The MS Office I installed on my laptop is 32-bit Office 2013 and the laptop (a brand-new HP laptop with i7 CPU, 16GB RAM, and 4GB independent display card) runs on Windows 10 (by default).

I also placed some screen captures below to show the error messages I got when encountering the problem. Meanwhile, I've contacted Adobe Support to report this bug.

David

Generate Printed Document 1.png

Generate Printed Document 2.png

Generate Printed Document 3.png

Generate Printed Document 4.png

Generate Printed Document 5.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2015 Nov 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry but this thread contains pretty much all the answers known to humankind.

I don't know of any others so unless someone else has a trick to add, I think the answer has to be Adobe Tech Support.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2016 Mar 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try these steps, In MS word

1. Click the File tab.
  2. Click Options.
  3. Click Trust Center, and then click Trust Center Settings.
  4. In the Trust Center, click Macro Settings.
  5. Make the selections that you want.
  6. Click OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2016 Mar 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The setting you want is Enable All Macros. That is the only one that will work for this purpose.

See @petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2016 Mar 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank-you. That fixed it. I read through all the comments looking for where to fix the Macros in Word. So between Deepsat's instructions on where it is in the Word File Options and your setting tip to "Enable all Macros" I'm good to go! Thanks to you both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once again, my thanks Peter!

I had this issue, and changing Macro settings worked and allowed me to create the word doc. It failed with on the PDF generation with the error message "Internal error encountered, Failed to generate Printed Documentation.", but I'm guessing that may be because Motorola/Lenovo is now using Foxit. And actually, who cares? I am perfectly capable of saving a word doc as a .pdf file! 

You rock as always...

Anahid

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same problem and I solved it in the following way.

1. Enter https://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/printing/print_issues.htm

2. Search for Printed documentation error messages

3. Follow the instructions in the blue box. (Setting the registry with macro_version.reg)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp