• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrade to RH 2020 Some help pages for context sensitive IDs are not working.

Explorer ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

Recently upgraded to RH 2020. Some of the Map IDs are not working in the CHM file. I get the following error:

This page can’t be displayed
  • Make sure the web address //ieframe.dll/dnserrordiagoff.htm# is correct.
  • Look for the page with your search engine.
  • Refresh the page in a few minutes.

I can navigate to these help pages in the CHM, and they open without any issues. No changes were made in the code. When I replacecd the new chm with the old chm in the software, the mapped pages open fine. I am stuck now, not sure what to do next or even how to diagnose the problem.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Thanks you for your help. My issue is resolved.

Everything looked fine in Output mode > Map File. Then I tried looking for the map or .h file. Could not find it, after some research got to know that the extension for this file has changed to .ali, along with how information in stored in this file. Now, all of the help topics reside in the "Contents" folder, and the .ali file stores the alias name along and the corresponding link to the topic, which resides in the Contents folder. In my case, some

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you check the MapIDs in the project before creating the CHM?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I checked the IDs in general. There are thousands of them. I did randomly test the chm after upgrading to 2020, and tested a couple of mapped pages as well, they were working fine. The tester recently found a few Mapped pages that are not working. I have two concerns, how to fix the issue and since there are thousands of IDs, how to do I check them all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meant that since some worked & some didn't, did you compare working to non-working ones in the RH project itself (not the generated CHM) to see if there was some difference between them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks you for your help. My issue is resolved.

Everything looked fine in Output mode > Map File. Then I tried looking for the map or .h file. Could not find it, after some research got to know that the extension for this file has changed to .ali, along with how information in stored in this file. Now, all of the help topics reside in the "Contents" folder, and the .ali file stores the alias name along and the corresponding link to the topic, which resides in the Contents folder. In my case, some links were pointing to topics residing in non existent folders. I guess in the old rh project some topics were not stored in the main folder and after upgrading to 2020, RH placed all of the topics in the Contents folder. These topics were not missing, the chm was just looking for them in the wrong folder.

To fix this issue, I simply unassigned and then reassinged such topics. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got a similar message when I generated from a test project because I had deleted the default topic. Double check those topics do exist.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Peter Grainge Thanks for your reply, my issue is resolved, please see my reply to Jeff above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp