• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrading RoboHelp?

Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My colleagues and I are currently using RoboHelp 2017, version 13.0.0.257, on-premise. We are not yet in a cloud-based environment. We are using version control with SharePoint. Is it at all possible to upgrade to the latest version of RoboHelp?

What do we need to have in place in order to upgrade once we do move to cloud-based services? How are version control files maintained?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not quite sure what you're asking. Robohelp isn't a cloud-based application.

You can upgrade from RH2017 to RH2020. Be aware that RH2020 is a complete re-write of the software, and you may have to create a new skin and do some cleanup on your project. I would make sure you run all the reports to make sure your project is as clean as possible before you start. It may be worth making a zip backup of your project as well as your source control, just in case.

Version control is up to whatever tool you use. There is some integration with source control, as with RH2017, but I haven't used it in Rh2020 so can't provide any advice.

Have a look at Peter's Robohelp Tour as that provides quite detailed information about the changes between versions. https://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/rh_tour/introduction/introduction.htm

Do post back with more information if this doesn't answer your question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the information!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know of a contact who has used RH2020 with SharePoint as a source control?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I don't have any names off the top of my head. Give it some time and another forum member might post. Otherwise your best bet would be searching the Robohelp forum for references to sharepoint and seeing if the discussion related to RH2020 and source control.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you again! What other apps besides SharePoint would you recommend using for the source control?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to this - https://helpx.adobe.com/robohelp/user-guide.html - you can hook up Git, SharePoint, and  Azure DevOps (formerly named Team Foundation Server / Visual Studio Team Services)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would recommend using whatever your application developers use, as that way you have support when something goes wrong. 🙂 Or continue using Sharepoint as I assume you're comfortable with it already and should have support as your company already has it.

I can't offer any suggestions around other source control as I haven't used any recently. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, all! We attempted to upgrade to RH2019 before covid, but that required SharePoint Online, which we do not have. I'll review the material that Jeff sent over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SharePoint Online is not required to make RoboHelp work, only if you want to use some SharePoint features.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you have a link for what features require Sharepoint Online only? Will source control work with an on premises license? The Adobe help is a bit too brief for me to understand what they mean. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp