• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WebHelp output duplicating itself in the right pane.

Explorer ,
May 21, 2019 May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I converted two projects from RoboHelp 10 to RoboHelp 2019.0.7. Both (one has ~1000 topics and the other ~130 topic) converted fine. However, the WebHelp output on the 130-topic project duplicates itself in the right window pane, as shown below. The only difference between the two projects is that the one having difficulty does not have a Glossary. And I did remove it from the Output.

As a side note, I'm able to create WebHelp successfully for the problem project using RoboHelp Classic, and so that's what I'm doing in the interim.

Any ideas? Many thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 21, 2019 May 21, 2019

From the looks of things you should investigate what you have specified as the Default Topic. It looks like your default topic is configured to be the actual start page for WebHelp. So when it loads up, it creates another instance inside the area where the default topic appears. And when that one loads up it also creates another instance and so on. Kind of like the effect you see when pointing a camera at a mirror.

Sooo, in RoboHelp 2019, look at the settings for producing WebHelp. Click the fil

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the looks of things you should investigate what you have specified as the Default Topic. It looks like your default topic is configured to be the actual start page for WebHelp. So when it loads up, it creates another instance inside the area where the default topic appears. And when that one loads up it also creates another instance and so on. Kind of like the effect you see when pointing a camera at a mirror.

Sooo, in RoboHelp 2019, look at the settings for producing WebHelp. Click the file browsing button and nominate a different Default Topic.

Snag_19549f2b.png

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ahh!!! I knew it was going to be something so simple! Thanks much, Rick!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp