Highlighted

How do I change the color of Hide left Panel for Mobile in New RoboHelp UI?

Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am updating the Oceanic skin to match our corporate branding. I cannot find a way in the UI to change the color behind the Hide Left Panel icon. I need it to match the color of the rest of the menu bar. I can see the field in the underlying layoutDiff.css file, but I cannot change it there since any changes made in the UI overwrite manual changes to the layoutDiff.css file. I am modifying the skin as a template for other users that need to make modifications for their individual projects.

Change color of Mobile Show left panel.png

I logged a defect with Adobe RH-6644. They confirmed this is an issue and they will be fixing this in an upcoming release. Here is the work around until it is fixed.

As of now, you need to modify the background color of "Show" state button separately. Please download the custom CSS file from here: [https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn%3Aaaid%3Ascds%3AUS%3A31d12d18-3369-4c68-a927-0ba7d12c533f]. Open the custom.css and change the color from "blue" to the desired value. Now, go to Skin Editor: "Layout > User Assets > Add Asset" and browse the downloaded CSS. Save the skin and generate the Frameless Output. It should have same color in the output.

This customization option will be added to the skin editor in an upcoming patch.

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How do I change the color of Hide left Panel for Mobile in New RoboHelp UI?

Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am updating the Oceanic skin to match our corporate branding. I cannot find a way in the UI to change the color behind the Hide Left Panel icon. I need it to match the color of the rest of the menu bar. I can see the field in the underlying layoutDiff.css file, but I cannot change it there since any changes made in the UI overwrite manual changes to the layoutDiff.css file. I am modifying the skin as a template for other users that need to make modifications for their individual projects.

Change color of Mobile Show left panel.png

I logged a defect with Adobe RH-6644. They confirmed this is an issue and they will be fixing this in an upcoming release. Here is the work around until it is fixed.

As of now, you need to modify the background color of "Show" state button separately. Please download the custom CSS file from here: [https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn%3Aaaid%3Ascds%3AUS%3A31d12d18-3369-4c68-a927-0ba7d12c533f]. Open the custom.css and change the color from "blue" to the desired value. Now, go to Skin Editor: "Layout > User Assets > Add Asset" and browse the downloaded CSS. Save the skin and generate the Frameless Output. It should have same color in the output.

This customization option will be added to the skin editor in an upcoming patch.

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 20, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Topic Page > Toolbar > toc-icon-div

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 20, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not working. I set that field. It works for Show left panel.

Toc-icon-div Show left panel.png

It does not work for Hide left panel. It does not even select the field in the UI.

Toc-icon-div Hide left panel.png

Here's how it looks in generated help.

Hide left panel Generated help.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 21, 2020 0
Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Content removed as there was confusion between the new Oceanic frameless skin that ships with 2019 and the Ocean skin that was deprecated in RoboHelp 2017 Update 2.

The information was not relevant to this thread.

Please use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you. The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 21, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a new Frameless skin that is available in the new version of 2019. I am only working with the Frameless skins, not the classic skins.

Frameless skin.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 21, 2020 0
Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, I confused that with the Ocean skin that used to come with RoboHelp. Unless Amber has some thoughts, I will take a look but it will not be today.

Please use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you. The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 21, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I appreciate you looking into this. I looked at the help in IE, Firefox, and Chrome and I get the same result. I printed to a PDF and it is in Times New Roman and it removed the yellow highlighting as well. I am assuming it will print the same way the pdf is generated.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 21, 2020 0