• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can you tell me everything you know about the algorithm for displaying photos to potential buyers?

Contributor ,
Jun 06, 2024 Jun 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell me everything you know about the algorithm for displaying photos to potential buyers?

I'm interested.

If they buy it, they show it more times. And if they didn’t buy it for the conventional 100 impressions, do they stop showing it? Is there a chance for old photos to be seen?

Also interesting: does the total number of photos or purchases affect the account rating? Do your photos generally show up more if someone buys from you?

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also interesting: does the total number of photos or purchases affect the account rating? Do your photos generally show up more if someone buys from you?

Thanks in advance!

By @JuliO111

Basically, the more you upload and the more people buy it, the higher your chances are that the photo/asset will show up.

If one stops uploading, or the account is blocked for a period of time due to whatever reason, the lower down 'the list' one is.

Bear in mind also, that one should upload what the market wants.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very interesting, thank you! I specialize in topics that are very popular and that are included in “Profit Analysis” (where are the most popular profiles). It's nice when a photo you just uploaded sells on the second day. But what is even more interesting -  I would really like to have statistics on how many times it was shown, it would be incredibly interesting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe does not provide any insight on their search algorithm, nor do they provide any sales statistics. You can download your own sales activity and analyze the data in any way you desire. 

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 07, 2024 Jun 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, seems like that 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You answered at least one question yourself: Yes, if an image is sold, it moves up in the search algorithm and has a better chance of being seen and sold again. Do old photos get sold? I just had one sell today and a couple last week. Beyond that, I'm clueless as to how the algorithm works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see, thank you! I wish you more and more sales 🙂 of old and new ones photos!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm interested.

By @JuliO111

That's a business secret.

I know the following (by experience):

• new assets get more sales
  • assets with sales get more sales
  • successful accounts with a lot of sales get more sales.

So all this contributes to a successful account.

Each time your asset gets a sale, it is probable that the same asset will earn an additional sale. I had assets sleeping in my portfolio for a couple of years. After the first sale, they immediately earned some additional sales. The algorithm prefers success, freshness, and some randomness.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, thank you very much for your answer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2024 Jun 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything we know about Stock's search algorithm:

Everything we know about Google's search algorithm:

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was working with Yandex. Many of my articles are in TOP-5 or TOP-10 in Yandex 🙂 But get into Google was harder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was working with Yandex. Many of my articles are in TOP-5 or TOP-10 in Yandex 🙂 But get into Google was harder.

By @JuliO111

If you were or are producing for the Russian-speaking population, you should be OK with Yandex. But nobody else uses that search engine. So the possible population and the competition is less.

You can do search engine optimization, but most of that, especially the tricks to boost your content, is short-lived. The best is to provide quality content and present that in a nice, user-friendly manner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, of course, Yandex is for Russian speakers. But that's 300 million people anyway 🙂 For example like french also 300 millions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google supports all possible languages. That makes billions of people. But if your target is Russian-speaking people, Yandex is OK. I'll never use or used Yandex. I'm part of the billions...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 09, 2024 Jun 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last year, Google had 1 billion daily users and BING had 100 million daily users. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 09, 2024 Jun 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last year, Google had 1 billion daily users and BING had 100 million daily users. 

By @Nancy OShea

And Yandex? 🤔

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 10, 2024 Jun 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didnt found info for sure. Smt like 70-120 millions daily in 2024 for Yandex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2024 Jun 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Seems to be a lot for 300M potential users!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a chance for old photos to be seen?

By @JuliO111

Of course. There is always a chance your old submissions to be seen and sold. My personal example: recently I have sold two photos that were uploaded more than two years ago. They had 0 downloads. Now one is sold one time, the other one is already sold two times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes ~! Thank you very much for this insight, I was really interesting about it! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines