• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Could anyone provide me with some feedback on this rejected image?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2024 Jun 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMG_7787.JPG

The issue was "quality issues" , I would love some feedback on how I can improve this photo, or if I should just scrap it.

Also, I am quite curious since not only did I submit this yesterday, and it is one out of a lot of images I submitted, it was rejected, despite having some images that have not been reviewed after 20 days.  Are images randomly reviewed, or reviewed in order? Just something I am curious about. 

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 07, 2024 Jun 07, 2024

Hello,

Unfortunately, the overall quality isn't that good.

Why?

From a commercial point of view, the aesthetic value doesn't say a lot. What is the point of this photo? How can it be used in a commercial setting? You need to ask yourself these questions.

Artefacts is a problem as well:

ricky336_0-1717769780567.png

Also, I reckon it was taken with a smartphone - signs are the quality of the pixels when enlarged. Smartphone photos are prone to artefacts, noise and pixel compression (JPEG compression) when enlarged. You see t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Unfortunately, the overall quality isn't that good.

Why?

From a commercial point of view, the aesthetic value doesn't say a lot. What is the point of this photo? How can it be used in a commercial setting? You need to ask yourself these questions.

Artefacts is a problem as well:

ricky336_0-1717769780567.png

Also, I reckon it was taken with a smartphone - signs are the quality of the pixels when enlarged. Smartphone photos are prone to artefacts, noise and pixel compression (JPEG compression) when enlarged. You see this in your photo.

Images seem to be reviewed as they come, but there doesn't seem to be any pattern. It is as it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition, read these guides:

User guide:
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html
Exposure:
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography/discover/exposure-in-photography.html
Composition:
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography/discover/photo-composition.html

Quality:
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html

Personally, I don't think you can do much to improve the photo, so I would scrap it for use in Adobe Stock - personal use - fine!

And remember, I don't think it has a lot of commercial use. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The composition of the image is rather lackluster and the subject is of little interest.

As for your other question, I have been having images reviewed within minutes of submission, while others are getting reviewed in the order they were submitted. This is out of the ordinary but it has been happening this way for me for some time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. The whole left half of your image is out of focus (blurry).

2. Compare your work with Stock inventory. Stock has over 46 million other plants available in every size, shape and color. Even if this gets accepted later, the likelihood of you making a sale from it is very low. There's too much competition from other high quality submissions.

• Find other subjects to photograph that are in demand and have less representation. 
  • Take multiple photos at different camera settings, angles and distances from your subject. 
  • Choose the very best one for Stock.

Hope that helps. Good luck.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The quality issues are, at least partially, caused by the limits of your camera:

Abambo_0-1717797522658.png

These here are typical artefacts from an image taken with a small sensor camera like your phone.

Officially, images are reviewed on a first come, first served basis. However, we saw now for a while, that there is also a certain randomness added to the reviewing procedure.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @molly36947256amm8 ,

There is too much negative space. I'd make the photo on landscape and closer.

The depth is too shallow. Too much of the frame is out of focus.

It is slightly underexposed.

The color needed some adjustment.

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines