• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Different Titles but same Keywords

Contributor ,
May 01, 2024 May 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, If I have 2 images which can have the same keywords and titles, and If I make changes in the 2nd image's title and the keywords are same, can it affect the ranking or some how the little bit chance of ranking high on a different keyword on adobe.
I just wanna ask if it's worth it to spend my time to change the title?

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 01, 2024 May 01, 2024

You obsese WAY too much about tiltes and keywords and rankings. Just title your images as they appear. Enter the keywords as they best describe your image and title. There is no magic formula. And if there were, someone would eventually discover it and use it and then everyone would use it and the competition would remain every bit as competitive competitive. Let it go. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changing the titles and keywords of accepted images can improve their chances of being found by Buyers if you're more accurately describing them.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any change to the title and keywords probably affects the ranking. But having slightly different keywords and titles could improve the overall chance for the assets. For similar keyword and title ranking, past sales will influence the ranking. So an image that had some prior sales, will get most likely more sales in the future.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without knowing more details, we can't say for sure.

Don't mess with a good thing.  It could come back to bite you later.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @DailyLifeImages ,

Based on your question I conclude that you are new in Stock. Just imagine re-tagging 5,000 files. During that time you could have prepared and submit more than a thousand files, which would serve to rank you higher in search.

If you had relevant keywording and titles, I do not see a reason for changing the keywords or title. The principle to improve your ranking is 

Relevant keywording

The most important keywords at the top and the least important at the end. The most important would include the subject words of the title. For example, The Cat on the Mat; "cat" and "mat" would be among the top three keywords. You'd think what else a cat is called, for example, feline, or the biological name for the bread cat; for example Tabby cat. Then you follow with what the cat is doing and its color, where its at and so on. Try to max the allotted keywording allowance, which in this case is 49. When you are done with a file the only keyword editing you should be doing is to add other relevant keywords if there's space left. It's like describing or telling a story about the file you upload. Once you have properly added the correct keywords, leave the file.

Quality and Quantity

The more files you have the more varied your keywords will be and the easier it will be for your files to be discovered under the "Similar Keyword" tag. Also there are words that you'd be using multiple times on different files that will also help with your ranking. 

The quality files play a fundamental role in keeping your files at the top. Your files starts out at the top and linger there based on different factors. The better quality files with relevant keywords will be viewed and clicked on more frequently. That will help to keep them at the top longer to be discovered by buyers.

Submission Frequency

Submit files everyday and you will always have file at the top. That will help with your discovery and help to rank you higher in search with views and clicks.

In Demand Files

If you submit "In demand" files of good quality and optimum tagging they will rank high. However, remember that "In demand" are seasonal and you'll have to keep at least a season ahead.

Therefore, if you have already added relevant tags, the most I would suggest is to make sure the words in the title are at the top and other subject matter words that customers would most likely key in to search are within the top 10 and you have maximum words that you can think of that are relevant.

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You for the explaination. You're right, I am a new contributor. But I was just thinking that if the same keywords with the same order also, on different images (obiously for the relevent image) but with the different titles can rank differently?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You obsese WAY too much about tiltes and keywords and rankings. Just title your images as they appear. Enter the keywords as they best describe your image and title. There is no magic formula. And if there were, someone would eventually discover it and use it and then everyone would use it and the competition would remain every bit as competitive competitive. Let it go. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, Yes I also felt that. I agree with you. 😊🤝

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2024 May 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ranking is not fixed; it is determined by how an image matches the Buyer's search words. 

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2024 May 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @DailyLifeImages ,

Yes, but has nothing to do with the title. It has to do with the buyers or searchers interest - number of views, clicks and buys.

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines